Bullnose Forums

Body mount bushings

I can get some pictures this weekend. Only thing that I had to change was the rear cab mounts being taller. The rest of the mounts work as they should. The only other thing I had to do was drill the 2 holes for the front of the bed. It was several years ago when I did it but everything else bolted in. Used an 84 E150 frame

I never would have guessed that would work. Cool!

I never would have guessed that would work. Cool!

Works like it should now if I can just remember what vehicle I used for the rear cab bushings lol

Works like it should now if I can just remember what vehicle I used for the rear cab bushings lol

I did not think the e series used cab bushings since it does not have a cab. it has the cargo bay with a different series of mount positions. none of the vans I have had were compatible with f series.

I did not think the e series used cab bushings since it does not have a cab. it has the cargo bay with a different series of mount positions. none of the vans I have had were compatible with f series.

That's why I'd like to know how he did it! :nabble_anim_confused:

That's why I'd like to know how he did it! :nabble_anim_confused:

I'm very interested also. one of our side projects is 4wd conversion of an e150. in the process we have been studying much. I'm hoping the owner continues but he has slowed, and health is not what it was.

Crossmember and body mounts are in the same place. Only holes I had to drill out was the 2 for the front of the bed. Radius arm brackets holes had factory rivets in them that I grinder out and they mounted directly behind where the E150 brackets went. Fairly easy swap

Thank you. 2.5 inches is what I was thinking they are. Mine needs to be 4 inches tall. My truck has a E150 frame.. I'll make up a bracket on top of the crossmember to make up the difference

Stack some hockey picks like we all did body lifts back in the day.

Be sure to use grade 5 bolts and thick fender washers on both sides of the cab sheet metal. 💡

DAMHIK....

Stack some hockey picks like we all did body lifts back in the day.

Be sure to use grade 5 bolts and thick fender washers on both sides of the cab sheet metal. 💡

DAMHIK....

I have a 2inch body lift kit for my 79 still in the box I found. Forgot I had it. Those will work