Bullnose Forums

Flare Side Bed - Let's Take One Apart!

Bronco638

I just call that a "padded clamp", but I'm glad to learn that it is an Adel clamp. :nabble_smiley_good:

I've always referred to those as Adel clamps. What I learned to call them as a young aircraft mechanic.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just call that a "padded clamp", but I'm glad to learn that it is an Adel clamp.

I think it might be something similar to Vaseline, where the Brand Name becomes the common term (also Q-Tips).

I just call that a "padded clamp", but I'm glad to learn that it is an Adel clamp.

I call them "Cushion Clamps"

Paddle bits / Spade bits....

Cory, did I see that you posted something about BBK headers on one of your Flare Side pickups? I now have a 302/SROD to go into my truck and would like some shortie headers for it. However, it seems like the mechanical clutch linkage makes that difficult. Do you have any insight? Thanks.

I've always referred to those as Adel clamps. What I learned to call them as a young aircraft mechanic.

Based on "young aircraft mechanic" and your avatar, thanks very much for all of your efforts Dane. I appreciate you.

I think it might be something similar to Vaseline, where the Brand Name becomes the common term (also Q-Tips).

Cory, did I see that you posted something about BBK headers on one of your Flare Side pickups? I now have a 302/SROD to go into my truck and would like some shortie headers for it. However, it seems like the mechanical clutch linkage makes that difficult. Do you have any insight? Thanks.

Based on "young aircraft mechanic" and your avatar, thanks very much for all of your efforts Dane. I appreciate you.

Kleenex, bandaids, aspirin, heroin.....

Dane is spot on (as are you!)

Have a look in Aircraft Spruce or likely even McMaster-Carr.

I ran into a similar situation when looking for place bolts for Jonathan's diesel flywheel.

Thank you! I actually made a career out of what I did in the Marine Corps.