Bullnose Forums

PMGR starter upgrade

I think Jim is the one that recommended that thing to me, but it wasn't my idea.

As for the relay draw, the one I have on the bench pulls 3.5A to engage. But I'm confused as to how you would be wiring this, and I know Jim is. Please enlighten us.

I will be bypassing the fender mounted solenoid complety with the large starter cable going to the starter. There will be no large cables attached to the fender mounted sloenoid. I will still have to supply power on the bat side of the solenoid to engage the fender mounted solenoid when I turn on the ignition. Sorry for the confusion. I sometime have problems putting my ideas to words.

I will be bypassing the fender mounted solenoid complety with the large starter cable going to the starter. There will be no large cables attached to the fender mounted sloenoid. I will still have to supply power on the bat side of the solenoid to engage the fender mounted solenoid when I turn on the ignition. Sorry for the confusion. I sometime have problems putting my ideas to words.

You need to remember that all the power to the cab and the ignition everything with those fusible links that attach to the battery hot side of the starter fender relay....

Don't skimp out on an 18-in cable.

You can get one intended for a tractor, or something like that..

You need to remember that all the power to the cab and the ignition everything with those fusible links that attach to the battery hot side of the starter fender relay....

Don't skimp out on an 18-in cable.

You can get one intended for a tractor, or something like that..

Ok. Thanks. I think I have a plan. I will let you know how it works out.