Bullnose Forums

Oval rubber plug

Above the DS valve cover?

The cowl access plug? :nabble_anim_confused:

This oval plug showed up I believe for the 1983 model year, or whenever the feedback carbs showed up. A large wiring harness passed through the firewall (also for the later 1985-1986 5.0 EFI equipped trucks). If you happen to get a truck that didn't have a feedback carb, then there was a large oval rubber plug put in this hole where the EFI/Feedback harness would normally be.

My 1984 F150 had one from the factory:

oval.jpg.188867773c2f0533b2e77e68bc54b202.jpg

These oval plugs are really hard to find, and they're desirable for the guys that swap out a feedback carb for a regular carb with DSII ignition. If you remove this harness, you need that oval plug to fill the hole.

I used to grab them at the junkyard when I came across them, but I ended up mailing them out to guys that needed them.

Not sure what the part number is...it's surely to be a junkyard only item.

This oval plug showed up I believe for the 1983 model year, or whenever the feedback carbs showed up. A large wiring harness passed through the firewall (also for the later 1985-1986 5.0 EFI equipped trucks). If you happen to get a truck that didn't have a feedback carb, then there was a large oval rubber plug put in this hole where the EFI/Feedback harness would normally be.

These oval plugs are really hard to find, and they're desirable for the guys that swap out a feedback carb for a regular carb with DSII ignition. If you remove this harness, you need that oval plug to fill the hole.

I used to grab them at the junkyard when I came across them, but I ended up mailing them out to guys that needed them.

Here I was a few years ago haha...

https://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/Firewall-oval-plug-For-use-after-DSII-swap-and-feedback-carb-removal-tp103971.html

Do you have dimensions?

This doesn't exist on my Bricknose...

my truck has this also as the carb harness is now laying on my shop floor and not going back in. Ill likely be seeing if anyone wants the original harness... but you're definitely not the only one looking for a plug for that spot!! I'll be keeping an eye out for us. Hoping to go junkyard hopping one of these days soon

Do you have dimensions?

This doesn't exist on my Bricknose...

Here it is in the palm of my hand lol. It's all I got...an old picture.

Have to measure the hole I guess.

It looks like you could get a caliper in the hole.