Bullnose Forums

Stabalizer Bar nut suggestions

I absolutely can. The bushing kits are the same for the front and back on the 4WD models. I think the kits are made to fit both styles of front end links, so you'll have a few bits left over. For the stabilizer bars themselves, they have a bunch of options depending on the diameter of the bar.

I opted for the blue which is described as being a little stiffer than the black. MOOG's website is a dumpster fire but if you can manager to get your vehicle info put in, select the stabilizer bar options.

End link bushing kit - K8657.

Front sway bar bushing kit, 1" ID - K8653

Rear sway bar bushing kit, 1 3/16" - K8656

If you need the end links themselves, good luck. MOOG has part numbers listed but all I could fine were NOS items and they all looked rough. The rear end links from MasterPro had an extra half inch of threads than my old ones. The front end links were identical as what I had except the holes for the insertable bushings were smaller than the MOOG parts. I didn't want to mix and match and my old links were good, so I kept them.

Rear end link - MasterPro K80016

Front end link (did not fit) - MasterPro K8662

Oh, you may also notice that a lot of other brands are using the same part numbers as MOOG. I'm not sure if that is common. If you search by the MOOG part numbers, tons of other brands will come up. I got the MOOG parts from Amazon.

Thanks Will! :nabble_smiley_good:

I really just need the ones that are held by the U-bolt's to the rear axle.

I did the links a couple of years back (and, at first, got two different sets from the same vendor, in the same bags (Gary knows. I have pictures!)

But I will get on it, since the guts* of my rear axle are brand new RN... :nabble_smiley_whistling:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I absolutely can. The bushing kits are the same for the front and back on the 4WD models. I think the kits are made to fit both styles of front end links, so you'll have a few bits left over. For the stabilizer bars themselves, they have a bunch of options depending on the diameter of the bar.

I opted for the blue which is described as being a little stiffer than the black. MOOG's website is a dumpster fire but if you can manager to get your vehicle info put in, select the stabilizer bar options.

End link bushing kit - K8657.

Front sway bar bushing kit, 1" ID - K8653

Rear sway bar bushing kit, 1 3/16" - K8656

If you need the end links themselves, good luck. MOOG has part numbers listed but all I could fine were NOS items and they all looked rough. The rear end links from MasterPro had an extra half inch of threads than my old ones. The front end links were identical as what I had except the holes for the insertable bushings were smaller than the MOOG parts. I didn't want to mix and match and my old links were good, so I kept them.

Rear end link - MasterPro K80016

Front end link (did not fit) - MasterPro K8662

Oh, you may also notice that a lot of other brands are using the same part numbers as MOOG. I'm not sure if that is common. If you search by the MOOG part numbers, tons of other brands will come up. I got the MOOG parts from Amazon.

I figured out today that I have an 1 1/8" rear sway bar.

Bushing # 8655. :nabble_smiley_hurt: