Bullnose Forums

Rethinking The 3G Conversion Pages/Process

I have two fuse boxes, actually Ford power distribution boxes, in Big Blue. The one on the passenger's side has fuses that replaced the fuse links and relays for key-on, headlights, and the HVAC blower. And on the outside it has a megafuse that serves as the fuse for the 3G alternator and a connection point for the alternator's charge cable plus the cable to the fender-mounted starter relay.

I have the schematics for that if you want to do it.

Oh, I should have said it also has several fuse positions left that could be used for other accessories. And the factory fuse box is still in use.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, I should have said it also has several fuse positions left that could be used for other accessories. And the factory fuse box is still in use.

I've seen your posts about your fuse box mod. I don't think I currently have the patience for that.

Ignore my earlier question about a common ground. I think I over thought that a bit.

I've seen your posts about your fuse box mod. I don't think I currently have the patience for that.

Ignore my earlier question about a common ground. I think I over thought that a bit.

I have a cheap and dirty Chinese little fuse/relay panel where my starter relay used to live.

It houses fuses and relays for my PMGR, high beams, low beams, fog lights, horn and ..... I'm having a brainfart. :nabble_smiley_teeth:

I also have a relay (Ford kit) for my blower motor.

My Megafuse holder is mounted to the side of it.

There are pictures here on the forum (somewhere)

Jeff - Have you looked at your email recently? :nabble_smiley_evil:

Just answered Gary!

:nabble_smiley_good:

Will - If I had it to do over again I'd go with an aftermarket fuse and relay panel. These Ford units are not easy to use. But from what both Jim and Scott have said the aftermarket ones are.

Jeff - I replied to you. We are on!

Will - If I had it to do over again I'd go with an aftermarket fuse and relay panel. These Ford units are not easy to use. But from what both Jim and Scott have said the aftermarket ones are.

Jeff - I replied to you. We are on!

I've re-drawn the schematic for the Done Right solution, as shown below. I've done my best on the wire colors, but it isn't all that good. :nabble_smiley_sad:

Anyway, please check it over as I'm about to start creating that harness.

3G_With_Voltmeter__Wire_Stripes.thumb.jpg.fb1227d186462824b3035683863f8b41.jpg

I've re-drawn the schematic for the Done Right solution, as shown below. I've done my best on the wire colors, but it isn't all that good. :nabble_smiley_sad:

Just to be clear, do the R/O and the Y/LG wires for the Voltmeter connect to the Yellow wire on the C610?

No, and that's a good question. Is this better?

I would put the Megafuse to the relay terminal and run an entirely independent Y-37

Or perhaps your schematic is not really proportional and the HMEG is close to the relay and you have an eyelet on 37 at the fused side, and an eyelet jumper from the same, to the relay?

Id like to see whatever termination noted if there isn't (C-123)

To be clear, you don't show a splice (S-123) but you really don't give any information on that 3-way connection :nabble_anim_confused:

Yes, that makes it more clear on the Y/LG for the Voltmeter. Should these two areas be the same or are they actually making a connection here:

IMG_1774.jpg.30bda390530406d98bb6064ca4209b6f.jpg