Bullnose Forums

Rethinking The 3G Conversion Pages/Process

I know I asked Big Brother/Jeff in that discussion for his NAPA part number for the harness side of the DSII distributor connector.

Jim, I looked everywhere and do not find my NAPA bill.

I plan to stop there and check with the guy if he could find my history.

It's all cool. :nabble_smiley_cool:

I was just trying to make the point that I had been trying to track down that connector.

I know it's odd, and I can't seem to find it anywhere, except that Painful Duraspark kit

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No

Look closely

Gary has one at 6:00 and the white one is at about 8:00

I described it wrong but the little nub is what I was referring to. Could that key be ground or sanded off to fit? It looks like the rest of the plug is the same? I'm not saying that would be the best route, but just a potential route?

I described it wrong but the little nub is what I was referring to. Could that key be ground or sanded off to fit? It looks like the rest of the plug is the same? I'm not saying that would be the best route, but just a potential route?

This is what I've said many times before.

But our documentarian is never happy with a temporary solution that simply works.

This is what I've said many times before.

But our documentarian is never happy with a temporary solution that simply works.

Alright. I think I understand the similarities and differences of those two plugs now. Since the Duraspark version is available, I think many folks could find a way to remove the nub that's in the wrong position. It might not be the cleanest option, but I wouldn't call it the worst option either.

Gary gives a D3Ax- part number, sooooo 1973 - 1986

I'm not sure that the Duraspark connector will carry enough current. C610 carries all of the current going into the cab, and that yellow wire is probably a #12 if not a #10.

And I think from what has been said that the only Duraspark connector that has been found is from Painless. Is that right? If so, what size wire can the terminals handle?

Maybe on Friday, since I'm out tomorrow, I can measure a Duraspark connector to see if it is the same size. If so then trim its tabs off and see if it'll plug into the other half of C610.

I'm not sure that the Duraspark connector will carry enough current. C610 carries all of the current going into the cab, and that yellow wire is probably a #12 if not a #10.

And I think from what has been said that the only Duraspark connector that has been found is from Painless. Is that right? If so, what size wire can the terminals handle?

Maybe on Friday, since I'm out tomorrow, I can measure a Duraspark connector to see if it is the same size. If so then trim its tabs off and see if it'll plug into the other half of C610.

The only DISTRIBUTOR connector (which has the odd key) is found in the Painful DSII kit.

The regular module plugs are everywhere, all day long.

The only DISTRIBUTOR connector (which has the odd key) is found in the Painful DSII kit.

The regular module plugs are everywhere, all day long.

Ok, my misunderstanding. Assuming I can get the Duraspark connector to plug into the other half of C610 then maybe I should buy one of the Duraspark connectors and see what size wire it can handle.

Ok, my misunderstanding. Assuming I can get the Duraspark connector to plug into the other half of C610 then maybe I should buy one of the Duraspark connectors and see what size wire it can handle.

It's not going to go unless you file the key off.