Bullnose Forums

Rethinking The 3G Conversion Pages/Process

It's not going to go unless you file the key off.

I have a Duraspark module that's destined to be hollowed out and reborn with a foreign module inside by our resident carb & ignition guru, and he's already said connectors aren't needed. So I'll try that one.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a Duraspark module that's destined to be hollowed out and reborn with a foreign module inside by our resident carb & ignition guru, and he's already said connectors aren't needed. So I'll try that one.

Connector Ford part no. AUVECO Motorcraft

DS-II 3 pin 3U2Z-14S411-XXA 20841 WPT-601

DS-II 4 pin 20844

Try these numbers

As for the modified module, (a) it doesn't need to be a Ford DS-II unless it is bad, a cheap aftermarket case will suffice.(b) If what I am trying to do works, then we will be looking for junk non-ford cases that when converted can be labeled "Garage Mahal TFI conversion", Or maybe "Preston Carburetion and Ignition TFI conversion" I think the last owner won't mind.

Connector Ford part no. AUVECO Motorcraft

DS-II 3 pin 3U2Z-14S411-XXA 20841 WPT-601

DS-II 4 pin 20844

Try these numbers

As for the modified module, (a) it doesn't need to be a Ford DS-II unless it is bad, a cheap aftermarket case will suffice.(b) If what I am trying to do works, then we will be looking for junk non-ford cases that when converted can be labeled "Garage Mahal TFI conversion", Or maybe "Preston Carburetion and Ignition TFI conversion" I think the last owner won't mind.

Thanks, Bill. The 4-pin should be the one. :nabble_smiley_good:

Not sure what brand the module is, but I'll check on Friday. However the label should honor you. :nabble_smiley_wink:

That looks like the DS-II connector

Jim, Big Brother’s stator harness is three wires one. Here is a picture of the new stator plugged on the old connector:

IMG_7112.jpeg.57c4f2ad5c85821574017912f04ca314.jpeg

IMG_7075.jpeg.709fa3ad5fbee2850a441cca8cc470ca.jpeg

Not sure, but I think this is the NAPA replacement harness connector I used to replace the original female connector.

The difference is that the plastic flaps are located each sides instead up and down. Jus have to cut them to fit in the stator plug.

IMG_9325.jpeg.87f96d11004f9037ae5598ab0ffb83d5.jpeg

That looks like the DS-II connector

Jim, Big Brother’s stator harness is three wires one. Here is a picture of the new stator plugged on the old connector:

Not sure, but I think this is the NAPA replacement harness connector I used to replace the original female connector.

The difference is that the plastic flaps are located each sides instead up and down. Jus have to cut them to fit in the stator plug.

By stator, you mean inductive pickup* in English?

Purple, orange for the pickup and black for the brass ground tab just inside the rubber grommet?

This is great info Jeff. :nabble_smiley_good:

Gary needs to include that part number (and the module ones Bill gave) in his DSII retrofit tutorial.

There are VERY few '73-86 Fords left in the junkyard to harvest harnii from these days (50 years on)

By stator, you mean distributor in English?

LOL!!

I suppose I should not trust the english diagrams from which I take the parts name?

:nabble_smiley_evil:

C322.jpeg.a51823b29fb52cbf62765ebc4ab7c92a.jpeg

And yes, I am talking about the female plug that goes in the distributor connector (C322).

:nabble_smiley_wink:

BTW, I found that the MSD 8869 adaptor could maybe be a correct connector too. No need to cut the plastic flaps to fit, it seems to already have them at the right place.

MSD_8869.jpg.0b7547054cfe7161bdb0072f7d38518e.jpg

By stator, you mean distributor in English?

LOL!!

I suppose I should not trust the english diagrams from which I take the parts name?

:nabble_smiley_evil:

And yes, I am talking about the female plug that goes in the distributor connector (C322).

:nabble_smiley_wink:

BTW, I found that the MSD 8869 adaptor could maybe be a correct connector too. No need to cut the plastic flaps to fit, it seems to already have them at the right place.

The illustration calls it a rotor rather than a reluctor as well. :nabble_anim_confused:

For those of us that speak fluent Ford it gets confusing.

Much like if I told someone their thermactor bypass needed replacing.

The illustration calls it a rotor rather than a reluctor as well. :nabble_anim_confused:

For those of us that speak fluent Ford it gets confusing.

Much like if I told someone their thermactor bypass needed replacing.

I would recommend replacing the muffler bearings at the same time.

Has anyone seen the conversion kit from PA Performance? I was looking through some 3G conversion videos on YouTube and found a 12-year video that mentioned it. Their approach includes an external regulator of some sort. I can't find their actual info sheet or an explanation of their regulator box but there are bits of info throughout the video and I did find some testing documentation.

https://www.paperformance.com/1g-3g-conversion-462802c/

https://www.paperformance.com/content/1G_to_3G_Conversion.pdf