Bullnose Forums

Alternator Upgrade Related Questions (was One-Wire Alternator Questions)

Don't be shy about photo documenting your process either.

Gary can always use them for the tutorial page (especially if there's something that seems confusing)

If things go well, I'm going to start back on the alternator project this weekend. The truck is back from the transmission shop (shifting much smoother now and no more leaks).

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If things go well, I'm going to start back on the alternator project this weekend. The truck is back from the transmission shop (shifting much smoother now and no more leaks).

Glad you (and the truck) are back Will! :nabble_waving_orig:

How was your view of the eclipse?

Here in coastal CT there was broken clouds and haze, but it did get kinda dark around 15:00 local time.

What's your next step?

Edit: Jeff from Quebec is doing a 3G as well.

You might glean some good tips from his thread....

Here in coastal CT there was broken clouds and haze, but it did get kinda dark around 15:00 local time.

What's your next step?

Yes, glad you are back. 👍

I’m still collecting all required parts I’ll need before starting the swap. I got the 3G, but I have to first rebuild the C610 connector, plus I didn’t receive the ‘voltified’ Ammeter.

I hoped I had all for this weekend, but seems it will take a bit longer.

At the time I get all I need, I’ll proceed.

I’m still collecting all required parts I’ll need before starting the swap. I got the 3G, but I have to first rebuild the C610 connector, plus I didn’t receive the ‘voltified’ Ammeter.

I hoped I had all for this weekend, but seems it will take a bit longer.

At the time I get all I need, I’ll proceed.

There's been a LOT of discussion back and forth in your thread, Jeff.

While Will seems more focused, or perhaps doesn't have the language difficulties that you do.

At any rate, tangents make for discussion of minutiae, and there's a whole bunch of details over in your thread... 💡

What's your next step?

The eclipse was perfect. The weather was back and forth until just a few hours before everything kicked off but then cleared up. We had about 4 minutes and 8 seconds of totality with clear skies. Could not have asked for more from a tripped we planned immediately following the 2017 eclipse :nabble_smiley_good:

Today I'm going to catch up on the comments and drag all the parts I have back together to see where I left off at. I'm hoping to get the new alternator dry-fit and the new wiring worked out. Not sure how far things will go just yet.

There's been a LOT of discussion back and forth in your thread, Jeff.

While Will seems more focused, or perhaps doesn't have the language difficulties that you do.

At any rate, tangents make for discussion of minutiae, and there's a whole bunch of details over in your thread... 💡

Can someone point me to the other thread?