Bullnose Forums

Happy New Years and ignition wiring questions

Well done! :nabble_smiley_good:

You are right, your old harness was toast. Glad the Painless harness worked so well.

So, what's next?

I got the oil pressure sensor hooked back up with a new pigtail but I have to go pickup the pigtail for the coolant sensor today.

I also need to sort out the radio noise filter/suppressor. I'm still trying to figure out if that is something we need. I think someone said it was only for AM radio noise, which, although we don't listen to AM regularly, I would like to have it in case of emergencies until its gone completely.

We had another one on the solenoid which I believe was for the voltage regulator. I'm not sure if that one is needed with the 3G upgrade but I suspect it would be. Just need to find parts for both.

Thanks Jim!

One loop is the brown wire and the tach wire from the coil that are currently unused. Another loop is the two wires feeding power to the Duraspark and the resistance wire. I've tried to keep the loops large enough and loose enough as to not create any major issues.

I think once we have some other things sorted out with the wiring in that area, I will clean it all up further. We still have several broken and disconnected wires near the brake booster that need to be figured out.

If you see a single disconnected green wire near the driver hinge it's for the optional hood/reel light.

Try to describe these things and one of us probably knows... :nabble_smiley_teeth:

I got the oil pressure sensor hooked back up with a new pigtail but I have to go pickup the pigtail for the coolant sensor today.

I also need to sort out the radio noise filter/suppressor. I'm still trying to figure out if that is something we need. I think someone said it was only for AM radio noise, which, although we don't listen to AM regularly, I would like to have it in case of emergencies until its gone completely.

We had another one on the solenoid which I believe was for the voltage regulator. I'm not sure if that one is needed with the 3G upgrade but I suspect it would be. Just need to find parts for both.

You just need one capacitor.

Usually it's attached to the ignition coil.

With the 1G and external regulator there is one, because the contacts inside are switching on and off all the time.

Electronics has put an end to this, with newer units.

You just need one capacitor.

Usually it's attached to the ignition coil.

With the 1G and external regulator there is one, because the contacts inside are switching on and off all the time.

Electronics has put an end to this, with newer units.

Ok great! I found one that I think may work. It's a Standard RC-3 The connector is different but its a connector I can work with.

If you see a single disconnected green wire near the driver hinge it's for the optional hood/reel light.

Try to describe these things and one of us probably knows... :nabble_smiley_teeth:

We have our hood light working. I can't remember if the wire was green or not. I thought it was white on ours. I know it was the only thing with the right connector and I know it works.

I'm planning to submit some pictures and questions when we get to the others. There are a couple of connectors melted but they aren't plugged into anything. There is also a fuselink that is just hanging out by itself with it's connector gone.

I'm pretty sure our truck had the factory tow package but I think some of it may have been hacked off. Eventually we will get to that but that's also down the road.

Any suggestions on what might safely remove the remainder of the potting from the fendor skirt? I was able to scape a lot of it off but not all of it. I have tried contact cleaner, brake cleaner, and Goo-Gone. nothing really touched it. I can also just live with it.