Bullnose Forums

Day 1 with my 1Honey

Clutch47

I'm thinking because the dash speaker perforated part has magically vanished but the rest appears be.. eh.. maybe I'll put a 6x9 cover over the hole for now and buy a dash mat. I've got one in my other truck and I like it.

We have a member here (Ron/Reamer) who sells a nice dash speaker 3D printed patch.

A member installed it and it looks very good.

Thanks for that connection. 💪

I'm all about it.

20231228_142926.jpg.9a512840e3431a64087c966ec37f0f25.jpg

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did some more poking around today.

It's definitely low optioned.. 🤣

20231228_143018.jpg.e54d8b3506a1ad578c8d9207d5bba3a5.jpg

Guy can't even charge his phone in this thing, let alone light up a chateau Fuente.

20231228_142148.jpg.0e47169f83d2038b82503b88de75efb2.jpg

5 blade clutch fan suggests no pony.

Starts and runs like a top but makes zero heat. No matter anyhoo, it's going to get the full system flush and a good 180° or hotter thermostat with hoses and belts.

20231228_141656.jpg.66ab2911e47898162dd6358f78bb8747.jpg

Bed isn't too bad

Guy can't even charge his phone in this thing, let alone light up a chateau Fuente.

Starts and runs like a top but makes zero heat. No matter anyhoo, it's going to get the full system flush and a good 180° or hotter thermostat with hoses and belts.

Bed isn't too bad

They saved,.... what (on a cigar lighter) 25¢?

I'm sure the connector is back there.

Maybe a nice marine dual USB?

Bed isn't too bad

it looks as if you have what we call a "patina" truck. I love them all. we have a customer with an early 70s truck with a very built 300 with Clifford 4 bbl and headers and a list of internals. it a great running truck and it has a t5 trans also. it drives great and the power/performance is fun, but it is in no way close to the v8s we do. I have a six sitting on a pallet to build as soon as I get caught up but only because I want to. not sure if I will use it or sell it when I'm done.

Yes, it is definitely there. My '84 F150 was a radio delete truck (and cigarette lighter delete lol). The wires for both were back there.

The one that got me on the stripper trucks was the deletion of the passenger door interior light switch. That hole gets plugged on the bare bones trucks. That has got to be the cheapest switch in the whole truck lol...surely it was cheaper than the cigarette lighter! Every penny counted, I guess.

Yes, it is definitely there. My '84 F150 was a radio delete truck (and cigarette lighter delete lol). The wires for both were back there.

The one that got me on the stripper trucks was the deletion of the passenger door interior light switch. That hole gets plugged on the bare bones trucks. That has got to be the cheapest switch in the whole truck lol...surely it was cheaper than the cigarette lighter! Every penny counted, I guess.

I thought the motor clutch fan was a AC only thing :nabble_anim_confused:

As for Webber or Holley carb?

Any of the Webber carbs I have dealt with I could not get them to run right and would never get one.

Now Holleys I like, have both v2 and v4 models, used both for racing v2 off road v4 off road & drag racing.

Even have a pit box with Holley parts, gaskets / jets etc. for when I went racing.

So I think you know how I would go with the carbs.

I dont know if I would go with a v4 carb on a straight six after seeing posts of issues.

Even the Holley v4 390 carb, smallest that I know of, I think is too large for most street use.

What is nice of the Webber carb is the 2 different size throttle bores.

The smaller being the primary gives good throttle response and MPG and the larger for top end power when needed, kind of like a v4 carb.

Son had 2 different Webbers on his Jeep with a 258 six and could not get them to run right.

He now has a Holley 2300 v2 in a 350 CFM, it also comes in a 500 CFM size, and it runs great.

Dave ----

Any of the Webber carbs I have dealt with I could not get them to run right and would never get one.

Now Holleys I like, have both v2 and v4 models, used both for racing v2 off road v4 off road & drag racing.

Even have a pit box with Holley parts, gaskets / jets etc. for when I went racing.

I dont know if I would go with a v4 carb on a straight six after seeing posts of issues.

Even the Holley v4 390 carb, smallest that I know of, I think is too large for most street use.

The smaller being the primary gives good throttle response and MPG and the larger for top end power when needed, kind of like a v4 carb.

Son had 2 different Webbers on his Jeep with a 258 six and could not get them to run right.

He now has a Holley 2300 v2 in a 350 CFM, it also comes in a 500 CFM size, and it runs great.

Dave ----

Funny, way back when Weber bought all the patents from Carter and made all the Carter's.... and Edelbrock's too.

I never had any trouble getting the rack of DCOE's on my buddy Bills E-Type synched up and running crisp. :nabble_anim_confused:

Funny, way back when Weber bought all the patents from Carter and made all the Carter's.... and Edelbrock's too.

I never had any trouble getting the rack of DCOE's on my buddy Bills E-Type synched up and running crisp. :nabble_anim_confused:

one of things that brought our customer to us was to try to get his 300 six to run better. this was our introduction to the customer as he was referred to us by another shop that avoids carbs. we open the hood to see this super cool 300 with aluminum 4 bbl intake, headers and finned valve cover and I'm happy. that is until I see the 4/2 flip plate with a single weber on it. customer swears that it was running fine for a long time and now it has no power and gas mileage sucks. After complete diagnosis going old school with vacuum gauges and timing etc. we got his permission to try one of our own 600 holleys and that no labor if it does not prove any different. result, we sold him that carb. three times to get the choke set right over a season of changes and one of those was correcting the 12v via a relay.

one of things that brought our customer to us was to try to get his 300 six to run better. this was our introduction to the customer as he was referred to us by another shop that avoids carbs. we open the hood to see this super cool 300 with aluminum 4 bbl intake, headers and finned valve cover and I'm happy. that is until I see the 4/2 flip plate with a single weber on it. customer swears that it was running fine for a long time and now it has no power and gas mileage sucks. After complete diagnosis going old school with vacuum gauges and timing etc. we got his permission to try one of our own 600 holleys and that no labor if it does not prove any different. result, we sold him that carb. three times to get the choke set right over a season of changes and one of those was correcting the 12v via a relay.

no we did not sell it three times:nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

three visits to adjust as the weather cooled off.

Dave ----

You would have lost your mind on our drag car, started with a built Chevy 292 truck engine running 3 45DCOE Webers. We decided to go into AHRA B-Econorail with the engine and clutchflite. Went to Budds Creek Maryland and ran, I told the driver to do a clean cut (kill the magneto and shove in the clutch). I watched him launch, observed a slightly dark initial exhaust from the headers and listened. Near the end, the engine sounded "soft". When the car was pushed back, I ran a finger in each of the two collectors to check the color while my partner pulled the plugs. Plugs were light, almost white, collectors had gray exhaust deposits.

I popped the jet covers off, and pulled one of the emulsion tubes, looked at the air jet, and turned and said "Fred, give me a set pf 180 airs". Next run, ET was down quite a bit, mph up and car sounded strong all the way. Plugs had a nice medium color.

Fellow in the next pit came over and asked how the **** did I do that, everyone he saw running Webers had a portable weather station, charts and a book on Webers. I told him it was knowing what part effected the mixture at different rpms. It was lean at the top, so less air was needed, most people would put in a bigger main jet which would make it too rich at low end.