Bullnose Forums

Can tow hooks or shackles be installed on an 85 F-150?

CDLong

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've dealt with him before. Good source of Bullnose parts, but pricey. You have to figure though, he buys these vehicles and parts them out, so he has to charge enough to get a return.

Yeah, I used to part out pretty 80 Cub Cadet tractors. Think I'll keep lookin'.

Maybe Whisler would want to part with his, since "the truck is long gone"?

I'm open to tow hooks, I do like the hitch behind the bumper, hiden by a license plate. Once I get the dash back together, I'm gonna remove the bracket the front stabilizer bar bolts to, straighten it and do some measurin'. If the tow hooks aren't lower than the bumper, I have no equipment to make spacers.

I'm open to tow hooks, I do like the hitch behind the bumper, hiden by a license plate. Once I get the dash back together, I'm gonna remove the bracket the front stabilizer bar bolts to, straighten it and do some measurin'. If the tow hooks aren't lower than the bumper, I have no equipment to make spacers.

If you are interested in the hooks, just let me know. They won't work on F250, at least not easily.

I've dealt with him before. Good source of Bullnose parts, but pricey. You have to figure though, he buys these vehicles and parts them out, so he has to charge enough to get a return.

I've dealt with him twice, and he is one of the rudest people I have run into on Ebay and I refuse to buy from him. I inquired about a transmission crossmember that he hadn't listed, but had clearly mentioned to ask him if you see something in a photo. He asked if I could send him a "core" to hold the transmission up, and I said yea, I can do that, no worries. He then stopped responding with no reasoning.

I asked him once more a year ago about a different part, and he said make me an "offer". I gave him a reasonable offer based on what similar parts were going for + a little for his time and effort. He proceeded to once again stop responding, and then listed the part at 3 times what I offered, and even put in the listing "If it doesn't sell, I'll keep it for my own truck". He's a jerk 100%, but he knows what he has and he's definitely smug about it.

If you are interested in the hooks, just let me know. They won't work on F250, at least not easily.

Yes I'd like them. Please let me know your price. I was forced into retirement 2 weeks after I purchased my truck. Money is tight so that means I don't know when I can purchase them. I have to get parts and get the dash back in. Been lookin' for another job, but @ 71, I'm not havin' a lot of luck.

I've dealt with him twice, and he is one of the rudest people I have run into on Ebay and I refuse to buy from him. I inquired about a transmission crossmember that he hadn't listed, but had clearly mentioned to ask him if you see something in a photo. He asked if I could send him a "core" to hold the transmission up, and I said yea, I can do that, no worries. He then stopped responding with no reasoning.

I asked him once more a year ago about a different part, and he said make me an "offer". I gave him a reasonable offer based on what similar parts were going for + a little for his time and effort. He proceeded to once again stop responding, and then listed the part at 3 times what I offered, and even put in the listing "If it doesn't sell, I'll keep it for my own truck". He's a jerk 100%, but he knows what he has and he's definitely smug about it.

Thanks for the heads up.

Thanks for the heads up.

I have not looked at my F100 4x2 but I cant see why you cant get hooks that even have the keeper tab so what ever is on the hook will not come off and mount them to the bottom of the frame rail?

At most would need to drill 2 holes to mount and I think I would use something like a large flat washer to spread the load over a larger area on the inside of the frame.

Dave ----