Bullnose Forums

New Member! Thanks for letting me join!

85rollback

Here is my 1985 rollback. She is a 17' aluminum Century bed F350 6.9 idi. Super low miles at 66k. The gentleman who owned it before me admittedly gave up on trying to get her running after a normal breakdown (if there is such a thing haha), so it has been sitting nine years. I am thinning a few wires and things from under the hood. Rear most solenoid on ip sounds good, but front solenoid on ip does not move. The ip is sealed with a wire on the back so I don't think it's ever been opened. I'll open it up and then start posting my questions (after searching of course).

Welcome! :nabble_waving_orig:

IDI's are incredibly reliable and simple.

Please start a thread down in the main forum with your questions and we'll see how the forum can help. :nabble_smiley_cool:

Something I'm a little familiar with., and you might be the perfect person to help another member with a Super Duty chassis that is looking for some information about the fuel tanks in his bucket truck.

Welcome! :nabble_waving_orig:

IDI's are incredibly reliable and simple.

Please start a thread down in the main forum with your questions and we'll see how the forum can help. :nabble_smiley_cool:

Something I'm a little familiar with., and you might be the perfect person to help another member with a Super Duty chassis that is looking for some information about the fuel tanks in his bucket truck.

Yes, welcome! Glad you joined. :nabble_anim_handshake:

Hope you'll post some pics of your truck, but you may want to read the page at Bullnose Forum/Forum FAQ's on that subject as it isn't the easiest.

Speaking of pages, we have a map at Bullnose Forum/Member's Map and we can add you with a city/state or zip.

Yes, welcome! Glad you joined. :nabble_anim_handshake:

Hope you'll post some pics of your truck, but you may want to read the page at Bullnose Forum/Forum FAQ's on that subject as it isn't the easiest.

Speaking of pages, we have a map at Bullnose Forum/Member's Map and we can add you with a city/state or zip.

I swear I read the New User info haha. Tried my best to upload a couple pictures. I'll try again. Here's to hoping my wrenching skills are better than my computer skills!

https://www.garysgaragemahal.com/forum-faqs.html :nabble_smiley_cool:

ETA: Would try jumping the FSS directly before I went tearing into the injection pump.

With that low miles I cant see the IP needing to be opened.

I know when the Ford ID and even the GM 6.2 when used in tow trucks and such the pumps would need a rebuild about 75K give or take how often the filter was changed.

You also have to look at how hard they were driven. I got about 100K on my 6.2 but I did service when it had to be done.

Dave ----

https://www.garysgaragemahal.com/forum-faqs.html :nabble_smiley_cool:

ETA: Would try jumping the FSS directly before I went tearing into the injection pump.

With that low miles I cant see the IP needing to be opened.

I know when the Ford ID and even the GM 6.2 when used in tow trucks and such the pumps would need a rebuild about 75K give or take how often the filter was changed.

You also have to look at how hard they were driven. I got about 100K on my 6.2 but I did service when it had to be done.

Dave ----

The FSS is stuck. Bumping it with 12v only led to sparking and no movement or clicking. I did take the top off and the bowl is filled with clear diesel. I guess I really need to start a thread in a more appropriate area.