Bullnose Forums

1985-1997 Radiator for a 4.9L

ratdude747

It was after I'd hit traffic a bit.

---

Drove home. With colder ambient temps (43F) and heat on full blast I never saw higher than upper "A".

I do remember seeing some lime deposits on the transmission heat exchanger. PO probably ran tap water though it. May need some CLR or vinegar... but it's only temporary, so I dunno.

It is a temp solution, no pun intended, so if you can get by...

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Where are you located? I'm parting out a 1995 F-150 XLT that has a 4.9. It's a manual trans truck, but the radiator has provisions for the automatic trans cooler, and it's an A/C truck. The radiator looks to be in very good shape and had good coolant in it. I'm in central MS.

Where are you located? I'm parting out a 1995 F-150 XLT that has a 4.9. It's a manual trans truck, but the radiator has provisions for the automatic trans cooler, and it's an A/C truck. The radiator looks to be in very good shape and had good coolant in it. I'm in central MS.

Madison, IN. Per the member map, 10 hours drive.

I'll note that... as they're now pushing me back to 2/15/2024. Not worth the trouble, but I'm a sucker for a good road trip... :nabble_anim_crazy:

I'll note that... as they're now pushing me back to 2/15/2024. Not worth the trouble, but I'm a sucker for a good road trip... :nabble_anim_crazy:

So Gary's Champion failed, and yours too?

Both of you are being put off on a replacement (out of stock), but V-8 and I-6? :nabble_anim_confused:

Sorry you have this difficulty.

Obviously their process control in China isn't up to par.

I'm sure you know what this means given your line of work.

• 1 month later...

Larry, how is it going with your rad issue?

Did you finally receive the replacement one?

Larry, how is it going with your rad issue?

Did you finally receive the replacement one?

Missed this.

I received it last week, but it had a couple dented coolant tubes (called JEGS to have it noted on the record). Finally had time to install it last night... so far, so good (peaks at the "A" of NORMAL on warmup before dropping to dead center of range, right as it should be).

Thread solved.

Missed this.

I received it last week, but it had a couple dented coolant tubes (called JEGS to have it noted on the record). Finally had time to install it last night... so far, so good (peaks at the "A" of NORMAL on warmup before dropping to dead center of range, right as it should be).

Thread solved.

Glad it worked out for you Larry. :nabble_smiley_good:

But this does speak to problems with process control at Champion if the box it came in was not trashed.

The box was trashed... split open and badly taped. Forgot to mention. :nabble_smiley_blush:

Yes, as said in the texts you needed Jegs to know as you may have problems down the road, But glad it is working now.

And my experience with Big Blue's 195 stat is identical to yours with a 192 stat - dead center of the gauge. Almost like that was what Ford had intended. :nabble_smiley_evil: