• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Works on my wife's iPad Pro. :nabble_anim_jump:

Let me document what I did.

The HTML code I used was:

But the Youtube embed code was:

So what I did was to add:

• This before the embed code:

• Changed: width & height to "100%" and added style="position:absolute; top:0; left: 0"> at the end of the embed code

Put this after the embed code:

Hurray! Works on iPhone 13 Mini too!

:nabble_anim_jump:

You’re the king Gary!

:nabble_anim_claps:

Jeff - Glad it worked on your Mini! But I'm going to tag Jim/Ardwrkntrk to see if it works on his Android as so far we have Windows and Apple devices tested.

Jim - Does the video in this post work well on your device? In both landscape as well as portrait? If so we have a breakthrough, although not easily done.

Jeff - Glad it worked on your Mini! But I'm going to tag Jim/Ardwrkntrk to see if it works on his Android as so far we have Windows and Apple devices tested.

Jim - Does the video in this post work well on your device? In both landscape as well as portrait? If so we have a breakthrough, although not easily done.

It plays just fine but I can't get it to go full screen, and the hamburger menu and Bullnose truck logo drop down from the top.

Which isn't so bad in portrait but kills 1/3 of my screen in landscape.

Which means there's no possibility of seeing the whole of the imbedded video when sideways.

Screenshot_20231109-225221.thumb.png.46392009749a1477b04864ed2446e5b9.png

It plays just fine but I can't get it to go full screen, and the hamburger menu and Bullnose truck logo drop down from the top.

Which isn't so bad in portrait but kills 1/3 of my screen in landscape.

Which means there's no possibility of seeing the whole of the imbedded video when sideways.

Thanks, Jim. But I don’t understand why it won’t go full screen. It does on my iPhone.

Jeff - Do you have the problems Jim is having?

Thanks, Jim. But I don’t understand why it won’t go full screen. It does on my iPhone.

Not sure.

When I touch the little expand (bracket) icon in the lower right the icon responds like normal, but nothing happens with the size of the imbedded video. :nabble_anim_confused::nabble_anim_confused:

On my side, I can hide the top menu if I swap the whole screen to the top. Works in Portrait and landscape modes.

I noticed that the full screen "square button" is not available in portrait mode.But once the full screen mode is enable, it stays on if I flip the phone from landscape to portrait mode.

On my side, I can hide the top menu if I swap the whole screen to the top. Works in Portrait and landscape modes.

I noticed that the full screen "square button" is not available in portrait mode.But once the full screen mode is enable, it stays on if I flip the phone from landscape to portrait mode.

The "full screen" button appears for me in both portrait and landscape but it doesn't 'bounce' when tapped in portrait orientation.Regardless, nothing happens when I click in landscape either.

The "full screen" button appears for me in both portrait and landscape but it doesn't 'bounce' when tapped in portrait orientation.

Regardless, nothing happens when I click in landscape either.

Interesting. My iPhone 14 Pro Max responds much the same as Jeff's 13 Mini, except that I have the full screen button in portrait as soon as the video starts playing, and it works properly.

Apparently the Androids, or at least Jim's as there may be differences between them, doesn't respond the same way to the HTML code. Steve/FoxFord33 carries an Android and is to be over tomorrow to install all LED lighting in the shop - assuming the bulbs come in today. If so I'll have him check the video out on his and then report back.

Jim - Please go back to the Shafer Trail video here and see how it performs. Then try the same video here, and check it out. In the first one I doubled the fixed height and width figures that Youtube gives, and in the 2nd I just used their figures.

I'm going to guess that you'll like the new way better than either of those ways as the new way is somewhat flexible to the size of your screen and the old ways aren't. But I don't know that so would like your input.

And maybe there's specific code that an Android needs? :nabble_anim_confused: