Bullnose Forums

81 F100 flare side custom with 300 six & T18

FuzzFace2

I hate body work! It is closer to paint! I hate body work!

I had no work today again so the plan was to get the hood in primer. That was the plan yesterday also but only turned on the lights and never made it back out because I hate body work!

With a lot of time on a flat board air sander and by hand with a flat board we got her done and in primer. I hate body work!

Being I was on a roll and not knowing the time I pulled the right rear fender off the bed, I only had 2 nuts holding it on. I had to finish sanding it to prep for primer and I got that done also.

Because the left rear fender has the 2 fuel filler hoses & doors I would have to undo before I can pull the fender off and was running out of time is why it was not done.

The hood has some pin holes and I think the fender did also so I need to find my glazing putty as I am not using a high build primer.

Did I tell you I hate body work!?

Dave ----

Good grief Dave, you have some mad skills!!

I'm not sure how you feel about body work :nabble_smiley_wink: but it looks like you do incredible work!

I am along for the ride trying to learn as much as I can because I may attempt the body work on mine next winter... So, KEEP THOSE PICTURES ROLLING‼️ (and good luck)

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure how you feel about body work :nabble_smiley_wink: but it looks like you do incredible work!

I am along for the ride trying to learn as much as I can because I may attempt the body work on mine next winter... So, KEEP THOSE PICTURES ROLLING‼️ (and good luck)

I agree with the others, looking good!

But I'm starting to think you have a problem with body work. :nabble_anim_confused:

If you start an "I hate body work club", I would join!

Well the "I hate body work" was not as bad this weekend as I did not have as much body filler to sand.

Had to fire up the heater as it was 40*in the garage, on low it got up to 55* so was not too bad for working.

I pulled the left rear fender off to finish prepping for primer but had a little filler work that needed to be done.

A little filler followed by sanding and the fender is ready for primer just need to prep the 2 fuel doors before priming all of them.

I also adjusted the IGN switch. When I would try and turn the motor off you would have to push in the button to turn the key a little bit more.

If this does not work I will replace the switch. Before I installed it I sprayed it with cleaner & lube and it worked good in my hand but who knows now?

Hope to get out and prim the parts tomorrow and maybe work on the dent in the fender.

Then it will be the final block sanding before paint.

Dave ----

Well the "I hate body work" was not as bad this weekend as I did not have as much body filler to sand.

Had to fire up the heater as it was 40*in the garage, on low it got up to 55* so was not too bad for working.

I pulled the left rear fender off to finish prepping for primer but had a little filler work that needed to be done.

A little filler followed by sanding and the fender is ready for primer just need to prep the 2 fuel doors before priming all of them.

I also adjusted the IGN switch. When I would try and turn the motor off you would have to push in the button to turn the key a little bit more.

If this does not work I will replace the switch. Before I installed it I sprayed it with cleaner & lube and it worked good in my hand but who knows now?

Hope to get out and prim the parts tomorrow and maybe work on the dent in the fender.

Then it will be the final block sanding before paint.

Dave ----

I'm glad things went well. You did adjust the switch as shown here? http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/ignition.html

I'm glad things went well. You did adjust the switch as shown here? http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/ignition.html

When I first installed it I did it that way and as said when you went to turn the motor off you had to push the button in on the left so the key would turn a little more to shut down.

This button is so you can turn the key to the lock pos. to get the key out and should not need to do that to shut it off.

Right now the switch is adjusted down as far as it will go so if it still "hangs up" I will go for a new switch.

I do have another used one but as hard as it is to get to I think new is the way to go for now.

We will see in time.

Dave ----

When I first installed it I did it that way and as said when you went to turn the motor off you had to push the button in on the left so the key would turn a little more to shut down.

This button is so you can turn the key to the lock pos. to get the key out and should not need to do that to shut it off.

Right now the switch is adjusted down as far as it will go so if it still "hangs up" I will go for a new switch.

I do have another used one but as hard as it is to get to I think new is the way to go for now.

We will see in time.

Dave ----

On Big Blue you have to push the button to turn the key far enough to shut off. I thought that's the way it is supposed to be.

...push the button to turn the key far enough to shut off. I thought that's the way it is supposed to be.
No, the key should turn the engine off any time you turn it back. The button (or the internal interlock in shifter columns) is there to prevent you from LOCKING THE WHEEL while the truck is still rolling. An auto column will only allow the key to go to LOCK when the shifter is in P. For manual columns, the driver has to press an extra button before the key will turn that far. But the engine should shut down without pressing that button.

If not, either adjust the ig.sw. position so that it DOES, or repair the actuator(s) - the linkage between the lock cylinder & the ig.sw.

https://supermotors.net/getfile/894815/thumbnail/columnsexploded.jpg

...push the button to turn the key far enough to shut off. I thought that's the way it is supposed to be.
No, the key should turn the engine off any time you turn it back. The button (or the internal interlock in shifter columns) is there to prevent you from LOCKING THE WHEEL while the truck is still rolling. An auto column will only allow the key to go to LOCK when the shifter is in P. For manual columns, the driver has to press an extra button before the key will turn that far. But the engine should shut down without pressing that button.

If not, either adjust the ig.sw. position so that it DOES, or repair the actuator(s) - the linkage between the lock cylinder & the ig.sw.

Gary, that is what mine is doing and I know it was not right as Steve pointed out.

Well if the switch adjust does not work I will have to look into the actuator and I don't really want to do that so I hope it works now.

Dave ----

Gary, that is what mine is doing and I know it was not right as Steve pointed out.

Well if the switch adjust does not work I will have to look into the actuator and I don't really want to do that so I hope it works now.

Dave ----

I got a package from Jonathan aka: Ford F834, He is a life saver!

It was AC compressor brackets for 83-86 for the 300 motor.

It gives me something to work on this weekend. I hope to get this mounted.

Going to see if the "banker" (wife) has any money for the compressor as it is heavy and want to mount it before I fix the dent on the fender I have to lean over.

Hoses I don't think is a big deal as I think you can do from the front but if not you would not be leaning on the fender like the brackets & compressor.

Dave ----

I got a package from Jonathan aka: Ford F834, He is a life saver!

It was AC compressor brackets for 83-86 for the 300 motor.

It gives me something to work on this weekend. I hope to get this mounted.

Going to see if the "banker" (wife) has any money for the compressor as it is heavy and want to mount it before I fix the dent on the fender I have to lean over.

Hoses I don't think is a big deal as I think you can do from the front but if not you would not be leaning on the fender like the brackets & compressor.

Dave ----

That's awesome! Those brackets can be a pain to find.