Bullnose Forums

81 F100 flare side custom with 300 six & T18

FuzzFace2

Super Bird with the huge wing? Those are rare! And expensive.

On the stumble, it could be either fuel or ignition, but I'd think ignition would take longer to cool than the carb. So I'm with you, it may be vapor lock. Are you running ethanol?

Yep with the wing.

When I lived in CT the guy across the street had one he was rebuilding. Had to cut the back of the garage out to fit the car in once that long nose went on.

I do believe it was hot fuel.

It's the first it has done thst and yes on the gas.

Dave. ----

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep with the wing.

When I lived in CT the guy across the street had one he was rebuilding. Had to cut the back of the garage out to fit the car in once that long nose went on.

I do believe it was hot fuel.

It's the first it has done thst and yes on the gas.

Dave. ----

My truck hates me!

I wanted to take the truck to work as I have not in a while.

It started right up since the relay replace, pull the parking lights on and pull it out of the garage to let it heat up a little and to grab the last of my work stuff.

Get in hit the garage door opener and it closes, I see the park lights are on like they should be pull the knob out all the way and no head lights? I pushin and pull out again just to make sure it is out and it is WTH!

I just put in 2 new head light bulbs could they have both gone bad at the same time?

They do say to change out in pairs.

I cant find the dimmer switch in the dark, its 4am, with the Ebrake on so I pop it off, hit the dimmer and I have high beams but no low beams. Not wanting to park the truck and move all my stuff to my SUV I do a little switch a roo. I have the LMC relay kit, I was going to swap relays but in the dark I was having a hard time trying to get 1 out so I unplug the head light from the kit and plugged the trucks plug back in and I have lights now so off to work I go!

Well almost to work and I see the dash turn signal lights dimly flashing and when they do a hear a like a little air spray and the motor skip a beat? Its not doing it all the time and not really if I hit bumps either?

Now I do have to say in my rush to get going I did not tape or secure the relay kits male plug and was wondering if that could be it? I would think it would have done something with the head lights not what was going on?

I have 2 new bulbs in my work truck just in case, and they have plastic things that fit over the connection on the bulb so I took 1 and put it on the relay male plug.

On the way home I dod not hear, feel or see (to bright at 3pm) anything so maybe that was it?

I think with power washing the engine bay water may have gotten into 1 of the relays.

So at some point I will look into why the relay kit is not working as it should.

Dave ----

My truck hates me!

I wanted to take the truck to work as I have not in a while.

It started right up since the relay replace, pull the parking lights on and pull it out of the garage to let it heat up a little and to grab the last of my work stuff.

Get in hit the garage door opener and it closes, I see the park lights are on like they should be pull the knob out all the way and no head lights? I pushin and pull out again just to make sure it is out and it is WTH!

I just put in 2 new head light bulbs could they have both gone bad at the same time?

They do say to change out in pairs.

I cant find the dimmer switch in the dark, its 4am, with the Ebrake on so I pop it off, hit the dimmer and I have high beams but no low beams. Not wanting to park the truck and move all my stuff to my SUV I do a little switch a roo. I have the LMC relay kit, I was going to swap relays but in the dark I was having a hard time trying to get 1 out so I unplug the head light from the kit and plugged the trucks plug back in and I have lights now so off to work I go!

Well almost to work and I see the dash turn signal lights dimly flashing and when they do a hear a like a little air spray and the motor skip a beat? Its not doing it all the time and not really if I hit bumps either?

Now I do have to say in my rush to get going I did not tape or secure the relay kits male plug and was wondering if that could be it? I would think it would have done something with the head lights not what was going on?

I have 2 new bulbs in my work truck just in case, and they have plastic things that fit over the connection on the bulb so I took 1 and put it on the relay male plug.

On the way home I dod not hear, feel or see (to bright at 3pm) anything so maybe that was it?

I think with power washing the engine bay water may have gotten into 1 of the relays.

So at some point I will look into why the relay kit is not working as it should.

Dave ----

Similar thing happened to me other evening. Taking my son back to his mom's house. Headlights would go off and on our their own accord. No lows, but highs worked.

Got home was under hood. I have the same relay kit. Wiggle wires and I could hear the relay pop and lights off and on with it. Got looking more closely. The Ford wire had backed out of the connector in back of the main plug. When it would make contact, lights on. When it lost contact, lights off.

Check those wires. I pushed it back in till I felt it slide securely into the other connector. Will likely zip tie the connector together to make the connection a bit less prone to vibrating apart.

If I had posted earlier, you might have went right to it on yours. But was kinda embarrassed that I let the connection be loose.

Similar thing happened to me other evening. Taking my son back to his mom's house. Headlights would go off and on our their own accord. No lows, but highs worked.

Got home was under hood. I have the same relay kit. Wiggle wires and I could hear the relay pop and lights off and on with it. Got looking more closely. The Ford wire had backed out of the connector in back of the main plug. When it would make contact, lights on. When it lost contact, lights off.

Check those wires. I pushed it back in till I felt it slide securely into the other connector. Will likely zip tie the connector together to make the connection a bit less prone to vibrating apart.

If I had posted earlier, you might have went right to it on yours. But was kinda embarrassed that I let the connection be loose.

Thanks for the information I will give it a check.

It was really to dark at 4am to be doing any checking.

I also had to be at work on time to make my first load pick up and off load for 7am.

I had to get a new battery for the garden tractor so I could cut the way to tall grass I picked up 2 new relays and pig tails as I think the kit relays are smaller.

Tomorrow after I do the trash run and finish cutting the grass I will look into the problem.

Dave. ----

Thanks for the information I will give it a check.

It was really to dark at 4am to be doing any checking.

I also had to be at work on time to make my first load pick up and off load for 7am.

I had to get a new battery for the garden tractor so I could cut the way to tall grass I picked up 2 new relays and pig tails as I think the kit relays are smaller.

Tomorrow after I do the trash run and finish cutting the grass I will look into the problem.

Dave. ----

Well with help from my son I got the head light relays working again.

It was a bad relay and I am pretty sure I caused it when I power washed the engine bay as it look like the relay got water in it and water came out of the harness when we started working on it.

at first we pulled out all the tools to cut & solider the new pig tails to the harness but my son got smart so we did not need to.

He was able to remove the connectors from both plugs and put the harness wires in the new plug body and it all worked.

He then wrapped the 2 relays & plugs in electric tape to help water proof them.

When I have time Iwill make a bracket to mount the relays to and bolt it to the inner fender.

I started to make one but it broke and being it was too hot it could wait till later date.

​​​​​​​Dave ----

Well with help from my son I got the head light relays working again.

It was a bad relay and I am pretty sure I caused it when I power washed the engine bay as it look like the relay got water in it and water came out of the harness when we started working on it.

at first we pulled out all the tools to cut & solider the new pig tails to the harness but my son got smart so we did not need to.

He was able to remove the connectors from both plugs and put the harness wires in the new plug body and it all worked.

He then wrapped the 2 relays & plugs in electric tape to help water proof them.

When I have time Iwill make a bracket to mount the relays to and bolt it to the inner fender.

I started to make one but it broke and being it was too hot it could wait till later date.

​​​​​​​Dave ----

Water in a relay would be a problem, so I'm glad you got it fixed. :nabble_smiley_good:

Water in a relay would be a problem, so I'm glad you got it fixed. :nabble_smiley_good:

The other day I picked up a top of the line IGN box from NAPA and replaced the leaky one on my truck today.

Once I got the old box off I scraped off what I could of the sticky potting from the plastic fender liner.

There is still some left as it was to hot to spend more time on it.

The other day I cleaned the floor in the garage where I park the truck and thought it strange there was drops of what I thought was fiber glass rosin on the floor?

Today when changing the box I know what the drops are .... the potting from the bad box that leaked down the liner and dripped on the floor!

I may take the truck to work tomorrow and see if that was the reason for the motor missing or a quick shut down.

I could hardly feel the miss / shut down but in the dark I could see the dash turn lights do a quick flash. 

I could also hear a noise from under the hood when this would all happen.

I dont remember it happening on the way home during day light but I also took local roads home and not the high way were this showed up.

Dave ---

The other day I picked up a top of the line IGN box from NAPA and replaced the leaky one on my truck today.

Once I got the old box off I scraped off what I could of the sticky potting from the plastic fender liner.

The other day I cleaned the floor in the garage where I park the truck and thought it strange there was drops of what I thought was fiber glass rosin on the floor?

Today when changing the box I know what the drops are .... the potting from the bad box that leaked down the liner and dripped on the floor!

I may take the truck to work tomorrow and see if that was the reason for the motor missing or a quick shut down.

I could hardly feel the miss / shut down but in the dark I could see the dash turn lights do a quick flash. 

I dont remember it happening on the way home during day light but I also took local roads home and not the high way were this showed up.

Dave ---

Hope that fixes it!

Dave ---

Yes, the potting makes a MESS! I had one in a box and it ran out, causing me to throw the whole box and ignition module away.

Anyway, I hope the new one makes a big difference.

Yes, the potting makes a MESS! I had one in a box and it ran out, causing me to throw the whole box and ignition module away.

Anyway, I hope the new one makes a big difference.

Funny it was ok when I got the truck but I seen the potting run down the liner as I was building the truck from the heat in my garage.

I also hope it fixes it.

I have also heard the noise when it misses happen when I shut the motor off.

If it was not so hot I would have gotten help to look into it more, got all weekend LOL

Dave ----