Bullnose Forums

81 F100 flare side custom with 300 six & T18

FuzzFace2

Locktite green would wick into the porous aluminum casting, and if you then hit it with primerT in order to give it the ferrous ions it needed to set you could polish it off and no one would be the wiser.

Nice little trick have to remember that the next time I have a casting oozing oil :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

Be nice of I could pour some in the oil let a little leak out hit it with the primer and heat and wipe clean and no more leaks.

As they say no such thing as a mechanic in a can LOL

Dave ----

I started a thread on the Advance Adaptors Over Drive and transmission swap from a T18 to a NP435 in my truck http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/Operation-NP435-amp-Over-Drive-td64090.html#none

Dave ----

• 4 weeks later...

I started a thread on the Advance Adaptors Over Drive and transmission swap from a T18 to a NP435 in my truck http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/Operation-NP435-amp-Over-Drive-td64090.html#none

Dave ----

The over drive is in and working, took it to work 1 day but it has been to hot to drive it unless I have to like the weekly trash runs.

Think it was last weekend I installed the used carpet and floor mats along with the shifter boots

20200627_165634.jpg.dd6e51eac957e74a8fb41c7f02593673.jpg

20200627_165702.jpg.19fa8b5594d95a63314f88c422e9735e.jpg

The carpet made it like a different truck as it is so quite now.

Yesterday I used Car Parts.com to look up the AC compressor and 2 yards close list 1 each.

I will take tools with me to work and if I get out early will hit them to see what I can get.

I would like to get the compressor with motor brackets if I can for extras, hoses & dryer.

I want the hoses & dryer mostly to see how they fit as I think the dryer will not fit my evap so if I have used parts I might be able to come up with something that will work ....... I hope!

Today I worked on the sun visors. I bought a set from LMC a while back as both sets I have were hurting, they only come in black.

I used the set from my truck, the parts truck has a over head storage rack with visors so I left them together, they were also in little better shape.

Beside only coming in black they done come with the rod / mount so you have to reuse the old one.

Well what a job trying to pull them out! Once out I looked them over to see what it would take to tighten one of them up. That was the hardest part. I first tried to shim the spring by cutting flat washer and fitting either under or in the coils and could see this was not going to work.

I had to take it all apart then figure a way to hold it all back together. The factory has a peened over end holding a washer & spring, etc in place. At first I tapped the end for 5/16 threads but the end is just a little to small and the nut did not grab it to good. The center was somewhat hollow so I tried tapping it for 1/4-20 but not having a finishing tap I could not go to far in but got enough to help hold the nut in place.

With that tight I started putting the rod in the first visor and after fighting it about half way I saw I started it from the wrong side! Got that straighten out and the rods in both visors.

To bad I did not have black inside as they looked damn good so I prepped them for SEM paint to match the rest of the panels inside. I used almost a full can to cover both visors and think it could have used a little more but it was 96* in the garage and I was done for the day!

Well almost done as I looked over my broken A pillar parts, I am missing 1 some where? Will check my parts bins but I don't remember putting the 1 in there and the other 3 on my work table in the work shop side. I think I can glue them back together to get the shape needed for mounting then coat them in fiber glass rosin to make them stronger. I will then use spray can spray on bed liner for texture and them paint color to match.

I will also look when in the junk yard to see what shape that truck might be in.

I will mount the visors in a day or 2, want them to dry really good before I start putting my grubby hands on them. Then maybe I can look into mounting the mirror. I wanted to make sure the visors cleared it.

It was to hot for pictures but will before / after mounting.

Dave ----

The over drive is in and working, took it to work 1 day but it has been to hot to drive it unless I have to like the weekly trash runs.

Think it was last weekend I installed the used carpet and floor mats along with the shifter boots

Yesterday I used Car Parts.com to look up the AC compressor and 2 yards close list 1 each.

I will take tools with me to work and if I get out early will hit them to see what I can get.

I would like to get the compressor with motor brackets if I can for extras, hoses & dryer.

I want the hoses & dryer mostly to see how they fit as I think the dryer will not fit my evap so if I have used parts I might be able to come up with something that will work ....... I hope!

Today I worked on the sun visors. I bought a set from LMC a while back as both sets I have were hurting, they only come in black.

I used the set from my truck, the parts truck has a over head storage rack with visors so I left them together, they were also in little better shape.

Beside only coming in black they done come with the rod / mount so you have to reuse the old one.

Well what a job trying to pull them out! Once out I looked them over to see what it would take to tighten one of them up. That was the hardest part. I first tried to shim the spring by cutting flat washer and fitting either under or in the coils and could see this was not going to work.

I had to take it all apart then figure a way to hold it all back together. The factory has a peened over end holding a washer & spring, etc in place. At first I tapped the end for 5/16 threads but the end is just a little to small and the nut did not grab it to good. The center was somewhat hollow so I tried tapping it for 1/4-20 but not having a finishing tap I could not go to far in but got enough to help hold the nut in place.

With that tight I started putting the rod in the first visor and after fighting it about half way I saw I started it from the wrong side! Got that straighten out and the rods in both visors.

To bad I did not have black inside as they looked damn good so I prepped them for SEM paint to match the rest of the panels inside. I used almost a full can to cover both visors and think it could have used a little more but it was 96* in the garage and I was done for the day!

Well almost done as I looked over my broken A pillar parts, I am missing 1 some where? Will check my parts bins but I don't remember putting the 1 in there and the other 3 on my work table in the work shop side. I think I can glue them back together to get the shape needed for mounting then coat them in fiber glass rosin to make them stronger. I will then use spray can spray on bed liner for texture and them paint color to match.

I will also look when in the junk yard to see what shape that truck might be in.

I will mount the visors in a day or 2, want them to dry really good before I start putting my grubby hands on them. Then maybe I can look into mounting the mirror. I wanted to make sure the visors cleared it.

Dave ----

Looks nice!

Dave ----

That sounds frustrating Dave.

But your truck DOES look nice! :nabble_smiley_good:

Have you considered the bricknose visors with the inboard clip to hold them?

It's my understanding that the dimple is there in the roof rib to locate them, but I can't speak with any authority.

That sounds frustrating Dave.

But your truck DOES look nice! :nabble_smiley_good:

Have you considered the bricknose visors with the inboard clip to hold them?

It's my understanding that the dimple is there in the roof rib to locate them, but I can't speak with any authority.

I didn't find dimples, but it was very easy to find the right location and drill the holes. I really like the later visors as I don't like the sag that the Bullnose visors eventually get.

I didn't find dimples, but it was very easy to find the right location and drill the holes. I really like the later visors as I don't like the sag that the Bullnose visors eventually get.

Thanks guys

I don't remember any dimples either.

I knew of the later one but figured I give the old ones a try.

So what flops down?

Does the visor rotate on the rod like you would turn it down to block the sun when driving or something else? I cant see them turning on the rod as I had to fight to get them off and back on.

Now that spring deal is a POS and the drivers side was loose and why I did what I did to make it tighter.

Till I got it installed and use the truck I will not know if "the fix" worked or not.

If I ever get to a junk yard I will give a look for the later ones just in case.

Dave ----

Thanks guys

I don't remember any dimples either.

I knew of the later one but figured I give the old ones a try.

So what flops down?

Does the visor rotate on the rod like you would turn it down to block the sun when driving or something else? I cant see them turning on the rod as I had to fight to get them off and back on.

Now that spring deal is a POS and the drivers side was loose and why I did what I did to make it tighter.

Till I got it installed and use the truck I will not know if "the fix" worked or not.

If I ever get to a junk yard I will give a look for the later ones just in case.

Dave ----

The end of the rod sags down and looks tired. Some have shimmed the spring, and that helps. But the later ones solve the problem

The end of the rod sags down and looks tired. Some have shimmed the spring, and that helps. But the later ones solve the problem

Well here's hoping I shimmed it enough, if not I can shim it more because of the way I put it back together.

Dave ----

Well here's hoping I shimmed it enough, if not I can shim it more because of the way I put it back together.

Dave ----

Picked up from the junk yard a AC compressor, one step closer to having AC in the truck :nabble_smiley_good:

The yard did not have the hoses or the used dryer as I wanted them to see if they would work with the rest of my system.

My old York hoses don't fit the new compressor but do fit the truck.

So I am looking up hoses and other needed parts to make it whole again and hope the hoses will fit.

If not going to have to find someone to make up new hoses.

I hit the hardware store for bolts for the compressor and test fitted the brackets I made, I lost one a while back, and they fit.

I also picked up screws for the sun visors and got them mounted. Also the strip across the top of the windshield in place. I hope when I get a good pair of pillar moldings I can install without needing to remove the top strip.

Not to the truck but in the garage.

A few weeks ago I broke the bench vice, it was kind of small but better than nothing. So I picked up a nice 5" that turns & swivels and can hold pipe from Northern Tool.

Because it was bigger the old bolts and holes would not work so had to dig thru my bolt & nut bins for hardware.

I also had to clean a 1/4 of the bench to mount it, now if I can just keep it clean LOL

Dave ----

Picked up from the junk yard a AC compressor, one step closer to having AC in the truck :nabble_smiley_good:

The yard did not have the hoses or the used dryer as I wanted them to see if they would work with the rest of my system.

My old York hoses don't fit the new compressor but do fit the truck.

So I am looking up hoses and other needed parts to make it whole again and hope the hoses will fit.

If not going to have to find someone to make up new hoses.

I hit the hardware store for bolts for the compressor and test fitted the brackets I made, I lost one a while back, and they fit.

I also picked up screws for the sun visors and got them mounted. Also the strip across the top of the windshield in place. I hope when I get a good pair of pillar moldings I can install without needing to remove the top strip.

Not to the truck but in the garage.

A few weeks ago I broke the bench vice, it was kind of small but better than nothing. So I picked up a nice 5" that turns & swivels and can hold pipe from Northern Tool.

Because it was bigger the old bolts and holes would not work so had to dig thru my bolt & nut bins for hardware.

I also had to clean a 1/4 of the bench to mount it, now if I can just keep it clean LOL

Dave ----

Hope your new vice works out!

Sometimes a little bit more is just enough. :nabble_smiley_good:

I sure wish I had a place to mount my big Wilton, but it would likely tip my "bench" over. :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

Hard to believe you went through all that firewall work and don't get have functioning AC Dave!

Soon enough....

I also noticed that Bill's body shop on Noroton Ave. is looking ready to be bulldozed.

Lot of changes over that way. The supermarket plaza across from the train station is a pile of rubble.