Bullnose Forums

81 F100 flare side custom with 300 six & T18

FuzzFace2

Dave - The letters look GREAT! And they are reflective as well. Cool!

On the pets, I'm glad someone likes cats. I'm a dog person. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Cory put me on to an Ebay vender and the price for the reflective was not bad so went for it.

Then again I cant do anything like a normal person would ........ just look at the firewall for AC :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

We started off fostering dogs, that is haw we got the 2 we have.

My wife being 90 lb wet could only handle small dogs after the 2 we have.

Then we had an issue with one we were fostering and 1 of ours that did not end well.

At that point it was decided to foster cats / kittens and has worked out good.

We are still helping needing animals.

Our dogs just for you Gary

20200227_1611571.jpg.69a5091688ec8c6b406d959b6e07b06c.jpg

Dave ----

Dave - The letters look GREAT! And they are reflective as well. Cool!

On the pets, I'm glad someone likes cats. I'm a dog person. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Cory put me on to an Ebay vender and the price for the reflective was not bad so went for it.

Then again I cant do anything like a normal person would ........ just look at the firewall for AC :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

We started off fostering dogs, that is haw we got the 2 we have.

My wife being 90 lb wet could only handle small dogs after the 2 we have.

Then we had an issue with one we were fostering and 1 of ours that did not end well.

At that point it was decided to foster cats / kittens and has worked out good.

We are still helping needing animals.

Our dogs just for you Gary

Dave ----

Those letters look great!

I couldn't imagine having more than three pets, I once had three cats and it was rough. Two were half brothers and they always fought.

Now I have one handsome Tuxedo shelter kitty and that's enough for me, although down the road I may consider adopting a larger breed K9.

Those letters look great!

I couldn't imagine having more than three pets, I once had three cats and it was rough. Two were half brothers and they always fought.

Now I have one handsome Tuxedo shelter kitty and that's enough for me, although down the road I may consider adopting a larger breed K9.

Thanks on the letters it is just what I wanted on the gate.

We came down to NC with brother, sister and feral mom cat. Mom ran off 1 night shortly after we got down and never came back.

The other 2 cats showed up on our door step as kittens at different times. No one claimed them and they fit in with the other fur kids, we had the dogs by this time, so we kept them.

The dogs were foster failures. The black one (shepherd mix) is the first foster we had and I told the wife we were keeping him.

The other (black & tan coon hound) got on so well with our dog making him run when we were fostering I told the wife if she came back after being adopted we were keeping her. 24 hours later she was back with us.

It is just the wife and I and we have just under 4 acers wife does not work so she takes care of the fur kids and fosters when I am not home.

Its a love not a job

Dave ----

Thanks on the letters it is just what I wanted on the gate.

We came down to NC with brother, sister and feral mom cat. Mom ran off 1 night shortly after we got down and never came back.

The other 2 cats showed up on our door step as kittens at different times. No one claimed them and they fit in with the other fur kids, we had the dogs by this time, so we kept them.

The dogs were foster failures. The black one (shepherd mix) is the first foster we had and I told the wife we were keeping him.

The other (black & tan coon hound) got on so well with our dog making him run when we were fostering I told the wife if she came back after being adopted we were keeping her. 24 hours later she was back with us.

It is just the wife and I and we have just under 4 acers wife does not work so she takes care of the fur kids and fosters when I am not home.

Its a love not a job

Dave ----

I really like the letters too, Dave. :nabble_smiley_good:

It's great that we live in a time when someone with a swivel knife plotter or a cnc laser can cut patterns out of a whole world of vinyl.

Thinking of that, has anyone checked on Perry, the guy with the Burlwood restorations?

Wasn't he looking into brushed aluminum for these trucks?

Being a warm day and having the tail gate letters I washed it and then put the letters on.

Wish they were a little smaller as they almost go over the edge of the raised letter but they are on.

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n55589/20200404_155842.jpg

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n55589/20200404_201034.jpg

Dave ----

Fond

Of

Rear

Distinction

:nabble_smiley_whistling:

• 2 weeks later...

Being a warm day and having the tail gate letters I washed it and then put the letters on.

Wish they were a little smaller as they almost go over the edge of the raised letter but they are on.

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n55589/20200404_155842.jpg

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n55589/20200404_201034.jpg

Dave ----

Fond

Of

Rear

Distinction

:nabble_smiley_whistling:

Have not done anything to the truck other than tighten up a heater hose to the heater bypass valve as I found coolant on the garage floor.

I also gave another quick look on the oil leaks. Think the timing cover is leaking because I don't see the front of the oil pan wet like if it was the front seal, but the front cross member has a puddle.

I am going to have to degrease the motor again and watch it closer to see just where the oil leaks are coming from.

I have also been keeping track of my fill ups. Getting between mid to high 14's and even hit 15 once!

I wish I knew what I did to get that 15? Did not see much if any change running regular / high test and mid grade. This last fill went back to reg. and I have a hint of ping again, really need to put a light to it.

Oh got 3866 miles on the truck since Nov.

Dave ----

Have not done anything to the truck other than tighten up a heater hose to the heater bypass valve as I found coolant on the garage floor.

I also gave another quick look on the oil leaks. Think the timing cover is leaking because I don't see the front of the oil pan wet like if it was the front seal, but the front cross member has a puddle.

I am going to have to degrease the motor again and watch it closer to see just where the oil leaks are coming from.

I have also been keeping track of my fill ups. Getting between mid to high 14's and even hit 15 once!

I wish I knew what I did to get that 15? Did not see much if any change running regular / high test and mid grade. This last fill went back to reg. and I have a hint of ping again, really need to put a light to it.

Oh got 3866 miles on the truck since Nov.

Dave ----

Dave,

With old British bikes we used to wash it down with brake kleen or acetone, and hit it with Desenex foot powder spray.

Almost like a backyard dye penetrant inspection.

The powder turns dark or transparent as it wicks oil out of the cracks.

Or, in the case of old bikes, out through the notoriously porous castings.

There were tricks, faster than Glypthal, to getting them sealed up.

Dave,

With old British bikes we used to wash it down with brake kleen or acetone, and hit it with Desenex foot powder spray.

Thanks for the tip

When I found the side cover leaking and tighten up the bolts I cleaned with brake kleen and it washed the paint off the motor, not a happy camper about that.

Think I have seen the same effect with the powder if driving on fine dusty roads.

I do see the pollen has kind of done the same thing were the oil is leaching out.

It's just a shame it was so nice and clean and now this :nabble_smiley_cry:

Dave ----

Dave,

Thanks for the tip

When I found the side cover leaking and tighten up the bolts I cleaned with brake kleen and it washed the paint off the motor, not a happy camper about that.

Think I have seen the same effect with the powder if driving on fine dusty roads.

I do see the pollen has kind of done the same thing were the oil is leaching out.

It's just a shame it was so nice and clean and now this :nabble_smiley_cry:

Dave ----

Locktite green would wick into the porous aluminum casting, and if you then hit it with primerT in order to give it the ferrous ions it needed to set you could polish it off and no one would be the wiser.

Locktite green would wick into the porous aluminum casting, and if you then hit it with primerT in order to give it the ferrous ions it needed to set you could polish it off and no one would be the wiser.

Nice little trick have to remember that the next time I have a casting oozing oil :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

Be nice of I could pour some in the oil let a little leak out hit it with the primer and heat and wipe clean and no more leaks.

As they say no such thing as a mechanic in a can LOL

Dave ----