Bullnose Forums

81 F100 flare side custom with 300 six & T18

FuzzFace2

I didn't help, but congrat's!!!! :nabble_anim_claps:

You were there in support and that helps

Dave ----

Wife is away and with 6 of our own fur kids and 4 foster kitten 2 at 4 moth old and all 4 need meds so got a late start on the truck.

I had to pick up a new battery. When doing the lights it died and would not start the truck with out a jump. Then when I got the dash done I left the battery hooked up and it died again. When charging it the battery got pretty hot to the touch and being 4 years old it got replaced.

I checked for a drain and found none so it should be good the next time I go to start it.

Before I moved it I wanted to tighten the lugs as they were just tight from up in the air.

All was going good till the last wheel and the 2nd lug nut! The shank broke off the nut part and I am thinking how will I be able to get the wheel off now? I was lucky and the wheel came off and I was able to unscrew the shank.

Then on to them pesky vent window assy.

Got to say the hardest part was fitting the new seals to the frames.

With seals & glass in the frames to was time to install them in the doors.

Got to say that went easy now that I knew how they went in.

I did have to trim the bracket for the outer skin from the other frame and it all went in.

Not wanting to fight with the glass channel at this time I pulled out the windshield and started to prep for install. Then dug out the 1 piece rear glass that I thought was a dark tint.

Well it is dark tint but it's a film I saw when I was going to remove the seal and did not.

Being the glass almost popped out in the roll over I will look the seal over better to see if I can use it.

I don't want to use the new seal that came with my seal kit as I want to get a slider rear glass someday and use that seal.

Fur kids were hungry so called it a day.

Dave ----

Wife is away and with 6 of our own fur kids and 4 foster kitten 2 at 4 moth old and all 4 need meds so got a late start on the truck.

I had to pick up a new battery. When doing the lights it died and would not start the truck with out a jump. Then when I got the dash done I left the battery hooked up and it died again. When charging it the battery got pretty hot to the touch and being 4 years old it got replaced.

I checked for a drain and found none so it should be good the next time I go to start it.

Before I moved it I wanted to tighten the lugs as they were just tight from up in the air.

All was going good till the last wheel and the 2nd lug nut! The shank broke off the nut part and I am thinking how will I be able to get the wheel off now? I was lucky and the wheel came off and I was able to unscrew the shank.

Then on to them pesky vent window assy.

Got to say the hardest part was fitting the new seals to the frames.

With seals & glass in the frames to was time to install them in the doors.

Got to say that went easy now that I knew how they went in.

I did have to trim the bracket for the outer skin from the other frame and it all went in.

Not wanting to fight with the glass channel at this time I pulled out the windshield and started to prep for install. Then dug out the 1 piece rear glass that I thought was a dark tint.

Well it is dark tint but it's a film I saw when I was going to remove the seal and did not.

Being the glass almost popped out in the roll over I will look the seal over better to see if I can use it.

I don't want to use the new seal that came with my seal kit as I want to get a slider rear glass someday and use that seal.

Fur kids were hungry so called it a day.

Dave ----

Seems like it was a good day. :nabble_smiley_good:

You got lucky on the wheel coming off. And a new battery. Plus the vent windows. :nabble_anim_claps:

But on the rear window, don't the fixed and slider windows use the same seal? Are you thinking you'll need a new seal when you put the slider in?

You got lucky on the wheel coming off. And a new battery. Plus the vent windows. :nabble_anim_claps:

But on the rear window, don't the fixed and slider windows use the same seal? Are you thinking you'll need a new seal when you put the slider in?

It was not to bad a day. I almost did not go out after dealing with all the fur kids.

If that wheel did not come off I don't know if I would have done anything more to it that day.

I think the fixed & sliders do use the same seal I just did not want to use the new one on the fixed glass, saving it for the slider I want some day.

Dave ----

It was not to bad a day. I almost did not go out after dealing with all the fur kids.

If that wheel did not come off I don't know if I would have done anything more to it that day.

I think the fixed & sliders do use the same seal I just did not want to use the new one on the fixed glass, saving it for the slider I want some day.

Dave ----

After the fur kids that went better today I was going to deal with the glass other than the windshield.

First up was the rear fixed glass. Little more prep mostly the old seal to clean and lube with dish soap along with the string. The hardest part was how to get into the bed holding the glass and not step on the tail gate to get the glass started. Most of the install is done from inside and it went good, little clean up and looks good. I even left the sticker on the glass.

20191027_125445.jpg.4b1d72193f4f41505c2bc6991cb24654.jpg

That went so good I moved onto the doors being the vent assy. were installed.

Fitted the new door glass channels and that was not to bad either.

Why didn't you guys tell me the vent assy. had to come out to install the door glass?

So the new channel gasket & vent assy. came out and door glass in on both sides.

Also fitted the outside fuzzy (window sweep), the door panels are junk and don't want to hurt them.

20191027_125423.jpg.9b797091e9ba6987fcde6afd9c9e886b.jpg

20191027_125521.jpg.faf929a41d0523e01099d38861f861cf.jpg

On a roll I installed the door weather strips and the kick panels I painted yesterday.

Did a poor mans wheel alignment, toe only with a tape. I knew it was off as the wheel would make noise when moving on the painted floor of the house garage and it was by almost 1 inch.

By this time it was 5pm and fur kids were calling.

Dave ----

After the fur kids that went better today I was going to deal with the glass other than the windshield.

First up was the rear fixed glass. Little more prep mostly the old seal to clean and lube with dish soap along with the string. The hardest part was how to get into the bed holding the glass and not step on the tail gate to get the glass started. Most of the install is done from inside and it went good, little clean up and looks good. I even left the sticker on the glass.

That went so good I moved onto the doors being the vent assy. were installed.

Fitted the new door glass channels and that was not to bad either.

Why didn't you guys tell me the vent assy. had to come out to install the door glass?

So the new channel gasket & vent assy. came out and door glass in on both sides.

Also fitted the outside fuzzy (window sweep), the door panels are junk and don't want to hurt them.

On a roll I installed the door weather strips and the kick panels I painted yesterday.

Did a poor mans wheel alignment, toe only with a tape. I knew it was off as the wheel would make noise when moving on the painted floor of the house garage and it was by almost 1 inch.

By this time it was 5pm and fur kids were calling.

Dave ----

:nabble_smiley_good:

Looking good Dave starting to look more like a driver and less like a project;)

Dave ----

Aftermarket sliders are built with a flange so they can use the single pane gasket.

Factory sliders use a gasket with a 7/8"(?) run, because the tracks go all the way out where the fixed glass does.

Damhik. 😖

Thanks yesterday before I went in I just sat there looking at it.

Man I wish the windshield was in I want to take that puppy for a spin!

I am off today so I want to nut & bolt the truck & check fluids as I have not done the trany or rear yet.

Also have the glove box, door sills, badges, jack & lug wrench to paint and mount and thinking I am missing things too.

Yes more like a truck but a project is never done you should know that :nabble_smiley_grin:

Aftermarket sliders are built with a flange so they can use the single pane gasket.

Factory sliders use a gasket with a 7/8"(?) run, because the tracks go all the way out where the fixed glass does.

Damhik. 😖

I can tell you it will be an after market slider.

I can just think what a factory slider would go for $$$$$$

Then again if I get the AC working and I have the non-AC kick vents I may not need a slider.

Thanks for the heads up

Dave ----

Thanks yesterday before I went in I just sat there looking at it.

Man I wish the windshield was in I want to take that puppy for a spin!

I am off today so I want to nut & bolt the truck & check fluids as I have not done the trany or rear yet.

Also have the glove box, door sills, badges, jack & lug wrench to paint and mount and thinking I am missing things too.

Yes more like a truck but a project is never done you should know that :nabble_smiley_grin:

Damhik. 😖

I can tell you it will be an after market slider.

I can just think what a factory slider would go for $$$$$$

Then again if I get the AC working and I have the non-AC kick vents I may not need a slider.

Thanks for the heads up

Dave ----

Off from work today so did a bunch of little things as most of the big things are done. Took a lot of time looking for screws, etc.

One of the things was my box of cotter pins for the tie rods. I looked everywhere and found things I did not know I had but no cotter pins.

Put the grease fittings in the kingpins and greased them & the tie rods, that is all the truck has that I found.

Put screws in the kick panels I placed in the truck the other day. Picked the best set of door sills, drilled holes and mounted them.

Worked on the door mirror mounting hard ware. Lower nut inserts went in with no issues but the first upper one did not work and looking at the others a nut insert will not work.

The upper screws are right where the sport mirrors would mount but the nut have been drilled out but it left part of the nut. Because of this it is to thick for the nut insert to work, cant be thicker than sheet metal.

I picked up some longer bolts & SS washers, forgot nuts, and cotter pins from the hardware store and will make them work. Don't want to mount the mirrors till the windshield is in so it will not be in the way.

Cotter pins installed and checked suspension bolts & nuts, I did not find any loose

Wired up and mounted the speakers in the doors, got to have tunes even if the sound is not that good.

Looked into why the back up lights do not work. Found the plug on the harness that plugs into the switch on the trany was missing 1 of the barrel contacts.

I did not know if the parts truck harness was the same or not as it had a different model trany so what to do?

Pulled out the weather pack kit and a test fit of a 2 pin plug looked like it would work. Cut old plug off and crimped on the weather pack, plugged into the trucks harness and did a test and that part worked.

Plugged into the trany and we have back up lights!

May need to pull the trany to reseal it as it is leaking and from the top and I have not driven it just moving in & out of the garage.

I will have to look at it closer to see just where it is leaking form maybe I can seal it in place?

Pulled out the baggie with the old badges in it for the "FORD" letters and to see what I need to get them on the truck. I have clips but would like to get new ones as some are bent and I straighten out.

I have new "F100" & "Custom" badges and they came with clips. Late start for work tomorrow so going to hit my auto paint supplier to see if they have any thing or know where I can get some clips.

Dave ----

Off from work today so did a bunch of little things as most of the big things are done. Took a lot of time looking for screws, etc.

One of the things was my box of cotter pins for the tie rods. I looked everywhere and found things I did not know I had but no cotter pins.

Put the grease fittings in the kingpins and greased them & the tie rods, that is all the truck has that I found.

Put screws in the kick panels I placed in the truck the other day. Picked the best set of door sills, drilled holes and mounted them.

Worked on the door mirror mounting hard ware. Lower nut inserts went in with no issues but the first upper one did not work and looking at the others a nut insert will not work.

The upper screws are right where the sport mirrors would mount but the nut have been drilled out but it left part of the nut. Because of this it is to thick for the nut insert to work, cant be thicker than sheet metal.

I picked up some longer bolts & SS washers, forgot nuts, and cotter pins from the hardware store and will make them work. Don't want to mount the mirrors till the windshield is in so it will not be in the way.

Cotter pins installed and checked suspension bolts & nuts, I did not find any loose

Wired up and mounted the speakers in the doors, got to have tunes even if the sound is not that good.

Looked into why the back up lights do not work. Found the plug on the harness that plugs into the switch on the trany was missing 1 of the barrel contacts.

I did not know if the parts truck harness was the same or not as it had a different model trany so what to do?

Pulled out the weather pack kit and a test fit of a 2 pin plug looked like it would work. Cut old plug off and crimped on the weather pack, plugged into the trucks harness and did a test and that part worked.

Plugged into the trany and we have back up lights!

May need to pull the trany to reseal it as it is leaking and from the top and I have not driven it just moving in & out of the garage.

I will have to look at it closer to see just where it is leaking form maybe I can seal it in place?

Pulled out the baggie with the old badges in it for the "FORD" letters and to see what I need to get them on the truck. I have clips but would like to get new ones as some are bent and I straighten out.

I have new "F100" & "Custom" badges and they came with clips. Late start for work tomorrow so going to hit my auto paint supplier to see if they have any thing or know where I can get some clips.

Dave ----

Truck is looking SO GOOD!!