Bullnose Forums

81 F100 flare side custom with 300 six & T18

FuzzFace2

Looks great for sure. On the dash patch, I hope your glue holds up. I weld plastic pieces because this is a thermoplastic and it can melt. I find most times the gluing doesn't hold up. Did you use a plastic epoxy?

I used fiber glass rosin to "glue" it in. I sanded around the glue edges to give it some tooth to bite in and should never come apart.

I do have plastic repair kit called Plastex (site was down so no link) thatI have used on another project to repair (make a new) lip for a dash bezel.

I just did not think the kit was the way to go with the dash repair and why I went with fiber glass.

Dave ----

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can see here (Driveline/Wheels) that in '82 they offered an F100 with 5 x 4.5" wheels. And, if I remember correctly, the power braked F100's had the 4 1/2" spacing and the manual had the 5 1/2". It is counterintuitive, but I'm pretty sure that's correct.

Yep from what I found between my 2 trucks it all has to do with power or non-power brakes.

This also changes the kingpin sizes, spindles, rotors, dust shields and brakes front & rear.

I did not know of this before I bought the parts truck but I am sure I would have still got it as I used a lot more of it than the front suspension.

Dave ----

Thank you for the great documentation on your project. Very inspiring. I have the 300 I6 I hope to soon do a DS-2 from TFI swap so I love all the pictures you have, it's a great reference.

I am happy it helps.

If you need other pictures just ask and I will try and get them.

It may take a little time as I don't get on here much with my work hours and all.

Thank you for the great documentation on your project. Very inspiring.

It sure is inspiring. Can't wait to see it finished.

I also cant wait to see it finished either LOL

I hope it cools off some now that fall is here but never know it, it has been in the low 90's last week and was almost 90 in the garage today.

Dave ----

Thank you for the great documentation on your project. Very inspiring. I have the 300 I6 I hope to soon do a DS-2 from TFI swap so I love all the pictures you have, it's a great reference.

I am happy it helps.

If you need other pictures just ask and I will try and get them.

It may take a little time as I don't get on here much with my work hours and all.

Thank you for the great documentation on your project. Very inspiring.

It sure is inspiring. Can't wait to see it finished.

I also cant wait to see it finished either LOL

I hope it cools off some now that fall is here but never know it, it has been in the low 90's last week and was almost 90 in the garage today.

Dave ----

I did not do anything to the truck but to what is left of the parts truck (cab) so I can start cutting it up to scrap it.

A few weeks ago we got hit with a hurricane and when I started looking at what was left of the cab the windshield that was busted from the roll over started to fall out into the cab.

Being we have 2 dogs I was afraid they would run thru the cab and get cut on the glass so today I took it out the rest of the way. I then vacuumed the glass up on the floor and any in the grass.

I also pulled off the hood hinges, wiper motor and linkage and any bolts, screws, clips, etc. so I have extras if ever need them.

My son should be back here in a week or so and going to have him cut the cab up so I can run it to the town dump as they have a scrap metal bin. I cant see getting much $ for it and I dint know where to even take it so the town dump it is.

That is where I took what was left of the bed and the guys said it was the first time someone brought in a truck for scrap.

Dave ----

• 1 month later...

Looks great for sure. On the dash patch, I hope your glue holds up. I weld plastic pieces because this is a thermoplastic and it can melt. I find most times the gluing doesn't hold up. Did you use a plastic epoxy?

A few weeks ago I saw a leak from the radiator of my project so I used the pressure tester and found it coming from the lower hose nipple into the tank.

So today being it is getting colder and I still had water in the cooling system of my project and the leak I drained it.

Well just before I drained it I look the radiator over a little better and found 3 tube by the tank and 1 in the center.

So looks like I am going to need a new radiator :'(

Not on the truck but I had to replace a ballast for one of the lights in the garage so I can see to do the rest of the body work. It had to be one over the truck!

Dave ----

A few weeks ago I saw a leak from the radiator of my project so I used the pressure tester and found it coming from the lower hose nipple into the tank.

So today being it is getting colder and I still had water in the cooling system of my project and the leak I drained it.

Well just before I drained it I look the radiator over a little better and found 3 tube by the tank and 1 in the center.

So looks like I am going to need a new radiator :'(

Not on the truck but I had to replace a ballast for one of the lights in the garage so I can see to do the rest of the body work. It had to be one over the truck!

Dave ----

At least you found it now before you got away from home and overheated. That could have been a serious problem.

On the lights, are you using T12's, T8's, or T5's.

Steve thanks for the link but ..... when I first moved in in 2015 I had the service to the garage upgraded so I could run my air compressor and lights installed because the 2 - 8' lights were not enough to do any work in there. I added 5 more 8' lights and if I ever want to I can wire in the 2 old lights but I don't need them yet.

On the project I did order the radiator & the AC condenser. It would be nice if they came in for this weekend as they are talking a snow / ice storm late Saturday into Sunday and if so I may not have work Monday and could work on the truck.

I got them thru Rock Auto, I was able to get both less S&H for the same price of just the radiator thru Auto Zone.

Dave ----

Steve thanks for the link but ..... when I first moved in in 2015 I had the service to the garage upgraded so I could run my air compressor and lights installed because the 2 - 8' lights were not enough to do any work in there. I added 5 more 8' lights and if I ever want to I can wire in the 2 old lights but I don't need them yet.

On the project I did order the radiator & the AC condenser. It would be nice if they came in for this weekend as they are talking a snow / ice storm late Saturday into Sunday and if so I may not have work Monday and could work on the truck.

I got them thru Rock Auto, I was able to get both less S&H for the same price of just the radiator thru Auto Zone.

Dave ----

Might they arrive on Saturday?

Might they arrive on Saturday?

On line said they were on the truck at 4:30am.

I was doing yard work all day, kept the dogs in most of that time and never saw a truck.

So they never came Saturday and today would have been a great day to do that work as we got up snow on the ground with ice on top and rain after it.

With no parts and to cold (read lazy as I have a heater I could use) to do body work I stayed in the warm house.

Boss said to call in to work but I am thinking the trucks will stay parked for another day. Besides its too wet for cement work so I hope the parts come tomorrow.

Dave ----