Bullnose Forums

81 F100 flare side custom with 300 six & T18

FuzzFace2

I read yours, but Gary's post where he added "Again" to the title made me fixate on the movie. So when you said it was an 80s dance song, it totally threw me off. That's when I asked you about the cover. But after you quoted the lyrics, I recognized it, and went back through the thread to find the mixup.

:nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

Confusion all around...

With lyrics like 'I might like you better if we slept together' I kinda doubt it.
I knew Romeo Void sounded familiar. That song is "Never Say Never". Not "Never Say Never Again", Gary. :nabble_smiley_thinking:
“Never say never again” doesn’t ring any musical bells for me.
Never say never, Gary. :nabble_smiley_grin:

(I'll bet that's a musical reference that's way past your time)

I don't why I used 'past'

I guess my mind works before----> beyond

So I was in past mode, not after.

But then this is Gary's time, not after his time.

I don't why I used 'past'

I guess my mind works before----> beyond

So I was in past mode, not after.

But then this is Gary's time, not after his time.

Put parts on and take parts off but this time it is all good!

Last weekend I prepped the under side of the hood & cowl cover for paint but was to hot but we have a cool spell so I got out early to paint the under side of the hood & cowl cover.

20190727_112101.jpg.a51789712a3ac64cef833ad5f121c2de.jpg

Wile I let it dry I cleaned out the bed of the truck so I could remove it at some point.

Once some what dry I got the truck turned around so I could get the hood on the truck.

You may ask "how do you install a hood by your self"? You hang it from the rafters and drive the truck under it.

Get the hinge bolts started then lower it some so you can get the springs on.

20190727_113212.jpg.35cbf50bb5df97920bc60e213d31a97a.jpg

Once on it took a little bit of adjusting to get the gaps good and to close it felt good to see it on.

I then turned the truck around again to pull the bed off. I used a few 2x4's, some straps and my engine hoist to lift it off the trucks frame.

I then used my garden tractor & trailer and lowered the bed on the trailer and parked it outside by my race car & trailer and sons Jeep.

With the bed off I was able to blow the body filler dust off the rear half of the frame. I will need to wash it all off before the bed goes back on as it is looking a little shabby.

20190727_144058.jpg.6b120d055e05ea5af937346cbfe6534e.jpg

Tomorrow I hope to check the fuel gauges for the 2 tanks now that the bed is off and I may put some gas it a tank because with the hood on I cant cap the can I have been running the truck off of as it sits too high and would hit the hood.

Dave ----

Last weekend I prepped the under side of the hood & cowl cover for paint but was to hot but we have a cool spell so I got out early to paint the under side of the hood & cowl cover.

Wile I let it dry I cleaned out the bed of the truck so I could remove it at some point.

Once some what dry I got the truck turned around so I could get the hood on the truck.

You may ask "how do you install a hood by your self"? You hang it from the rafters and drive the truck under it.

Once on it took a little bit of adjusting to get the gaps good and to close it felt good to see it on.

I then turned the truck around again to pull the bed off. I used a few 2x4's, some straps and my engine hoist to lift it off the trucks frame.

I then used my garden tractor & trailer and lowered the bed on the trailer and parked it outside by my race car & trailer and sons Jeep.

With the bed off I was able to blow the body filler dust off the rear half of the frame. I will need to wash it all off before the bed goes back on as it is looking a little shabby.

Tomorrow I hope to check the fuel gauges for the 2 tanks now that the bed is off and I may put some gas it a tank because with the hood on I cant cap the can I have been running the truck off of as it sits too high and would hit the hood.

Dave ----

Excellent! Progress!!!!!

Congrat's. And good job of one-handing the hood. Those things are awkward! :nabble_smiley_good:

Dave ----

Progress is Good, Dave! :nabble_smiley_good:

You must be real proud of the inside of that hood!!! :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

I'll bet you're really itching to see it done and go for a drive.

Excellent! Progress!!!!!

Congrat's. And good job of one-handing the hood. Those things are awkward! :nabble_smiley_good:

Thanks

You must be real proud of the inside of that hood!!! :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

It did come out pretty good for the under side. I do see a little dust and 1 bug, had doors open but did not feel any breezes. Before I paint the cab & bed I need to do a much better job cleaning the "spray booth" :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

Man do I want to drive this thing! Even after the painting is done I still have to put everything back on and to do that spend more $$ for all weather strips and gaskets, want a rear slider, old one is junk and don't want the solid glass but will install it if I have too.

Goal now is to get the paint done ASAP but I think the heat will tell me when I can do this.

Dave ----

Excellent! Progress!!!!!

Thanks

It did come out pretty good for the under side. I do see a little dust and 1 bug, had doors open but did not feel any breezes. Before I paint the cab & bed I need to do a much better job cleaning the "spray booth" :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

Man do I want to drive this thing! Even after the painting is done I still have to put everything back on and to do that spend more $$ for all weather strips and gaskets, want a rear slider, old one is junk and don't want the solid glass but will install it if I have too.

Goal now is to get the paint done ASAP but I think the heat will tell me when I can do this.

Dave ----

I'm waiting until around October or November to hit the cab on my truck because that's when the temps will be lower and the weather will be much more cooperative in Florida.

Hopefully you can find some better temps soon.

You must be real proud of the inside of that hood!!!

It did come out pretty good for the under side. I do see a little dust and 1 bug, had doors open but did not feel any breezes.

I was kidding you about posting the SAME picture three times... :nabble_anim_blbl:

You must be real proud of the inside of that hood!!!

It did come out pretty good for the under side. I do see a little dust and 1 bug, had doors open but did not feel any breezes.

I was kidding you about posting the SAME picture three times... :nabble_anim_blbl:

Crap :nabble_poo-23_orig:

When I copied & paste I had to add the pictures back guess it did not copy the link right?

I will fix it.

Dave ----

I'm waiting until around October or November to hit the cab on my truck because that's when the temps will be lower and the weather will be much more cooperative in Florida.

Hopefully you can find some better temps soon.

I have 2 different reducers based on the temps.

I have a lot of the med temp but only a little of the high temp.

The high temp is hard to come by down here for some reason? I would think that would be all they use because how hot it is?

The first coat I used the med. temp and it went on OK but was not really happy so the next 2 was the high temp and that went on really nice.

It does not take a lot of reducer for thinning but I want to make sure I have enough so going to get more of the high temp to have on hand. If the first coat goes on bad the rest to follow will also be bad.

Under side of the hood no one really sees and it was a small enough panel I could "fix it" by adjusting my speed, on the body I may not be able to do that like on the big roof and the flat hood.

As said that spray gun got heavy!

Dave ----