Bullnose Forums

81 F100 flare side custom with 300 six & T18

FuzzFace2

Sure do! Someone LOADED that back seat of the truck. I hadn't opened the door to it since getting it home, but was placing my jump-start battery pack in there yesterday. Opened the door and did a double-take! Man, there's LOT'S of stuff in there. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Have you off-loaded the engine, transmission, bell housing, headers and intake manifold with 2100 carburetor? :nabble_smiley_whistling:

Have you off-loaded the engine, transmission, bell housing, headers and intake manifold with 2100 carburetor? :nabble_smiley_whistling:

Nope. None of that.

Would really like the engine and tranny out behind the shop under the car port. But there's no way of getting them there easily. So they may sit on the trailer for a while as I don't want them in the way in the shop.

Nope. None of that.

Would really like the engine and tranny out behind the shop under the car port. But there's no way of getting them there easily. So they may sit on the trailer for a while as I don't want them in the way in the shop.

We got the last of the paint on the truck!

Started at 4am and lights off at 8:30 yep a long day again.

The tail gate needed a lot more prepping than I remember it needing.

After wet sanding down pretty close to bare metal I had to give it a few heavy coats of primer.

Then more wet sanding till ready for paint. Also wet sanded the 2 running boards.

The fenders got taped up then dry sanded, all final sanding was with 600 grit paper even on the cab.

In the middle of this I had to move the truck out of the house garage to get the tape & paper rack out to my garage.

I have had an issue of the idle being to high so I looked into it. Turning the screw did nothing?

Digging deeper covering the carb with a rag also did nothing! That showed me there was a good size vacuum leak some were?

I knew the intake manifold was good as I did new gaskets not long ago and the carb gaskets are new when I rebuilt the carb so where could it be?

I got thinking of a post Matthew on FTE posted about the PCV valve & the charcoal canisters.

He said the PCV valve has 2 ports, large one for the valve and a small one for the canisters / carb bowl vent.

This this small port should have a vary small opening to meter the amount of vacuum to go thru.

Well mine did not have this metered opening and caused a vacuum leak.

Went thru my Holley carb pit box when I raced and pulled out the smallest jet I had, #64, and installed this in the rubber hose and stuck it back on the PCV valve.

I think the #64 is still to large but the idle is now at about 800 RPM by the dash tach. and that is what the sticker said it should be at.

I also adjusted the idle mix and she runs good again.

I will get pictures tomorrow

Dave ----

We got the last of the paint on the truck!

Started at 4am and lights off at 8:30 yep a long day again.

The tail gate needed a lot more prepping than I remember it needing.

After wet sanding down pretty close to bare metal I had to give it a few heavy coats of primer.

Then more wet sanding till ready for paint. Also wet sanded the 2 running boards.

The fenders got taped up then dry sanded, all final sanding was with 600 grit paper even on the cab.

In the middle of this I had to move the truck out of the house garage to get the tape & paper rack out to my garage.

I have had an issue of the idle being to high so I looked into it. Turning the screw did nothing?

Digging deeper covering the carb with a rag also did nothing! That showed me there was a good size vacuum leak some were?

I knew the intake manifold was good as I did new gaskets not long ago and the carb gaskets are new when I rebuilt the carb so where could it be?

I got thinking of a post Matthew on FTE posted about the PCV valve & the charcoal canisters.

He said the PCV valve has 2 ports, large one for the valve and a small one for the canisters / carb bowl vent.

This this small port should have a vary small opening to meter the amount of vacuum to go thru.

Well mine did not have this metered opening and caused a vacuum leak.

Went thru my Holley carb pit box when I raced and pulled out the smallest jet I had, #64, and installed this in the rubber hose and stuck it back on the PCV valve.

I think the #64 is still to large but the idle is now at about 800 RPM by the dash tach. and that is what the sticker said it should be at.

I also adjusted the idle mix and she runs good again.

I will get pictures tomorrow

Dave ----

Yippee!!! That is SERIOUS progress. :nabble_anim_claps: Can't wait to see the pics.

And, good job on the idle problem. Now you know what the issue is it should be easy to solve when the time is right.

Thanks guys.

If the idle stays where it's at I cant see the need to fix what's nit broke LOL

I will get pictures I hope with the fenders on the truck if the paint is dry enough to handle.

Dave ----

If you have a wideband it would be interesting to see how changing jets in the PCV changes your AFR.

Shouldn't affect much beyond idle.

If you have a wideband it would be interesting to see how changing jets in the PCV changes your AFR.

Sorry to say I don't have one, would like one but don't have one because of $$and I don't really need it. Even have a port in the EFI exh. manifolds I could install one.

But yes would be interesting.

Dave ----

Sorry to say I don't have one, would like one but don't have one because of $$and I don't really need it. Even have a port in the EFI exh. manifolds I could install one.

But yes would be interesting.

Dave ----

This morning before unwrapping

20191006_075102.jpg.820a50de78e8e78aeb58bf934c7608d3.jpg

20191006_081935.jpg.8a15c6545e316489764c2959d78b9bd4.jpg

Just 2 bolts holding it on, breakfast was getting cold!

20191006_082014.jpg.43a651e68c701b07a35fb323f2b4d67f.jpg

20191006_082038.jpg.c4e5a778ef5b794485f93f85220282f0.jpg

Dave ----