Bullnose Forums

81 F100 flare side custom with 300 six & T18

FuzzFace2

Congrat's!!! :nabble_anim_claps:

But now you know one of the main reasons I went with a later model master - the ability to screw on a cap that won't leak when I pressurize the system to bleed it. Works a treat. And, the plastic cap doesn't dribble like the metal one does. Plus you can see if you need more fluid. And it doesn't rust. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Anyway, I'm glad you found your bleeder tubes. But more importantly, that you now have brakes, and good ones no less.

The test is tomorrow when I do the weekly trash run.

Then home to wash the pollen off the truck and blow out the inside as I got a show a few miles away.

After the show meet up with the wife at a big pet adaption event about 30 miles away.

Dave ----

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The test is tomorrow when I do the weekly trash run.

Then home to wash the pollen off the truck and blow out the inside as I got a show a few miles away.

After the show meet up with the wife at a big pet adaption event about 30 miles away.

Dave ----

I'll bet it does well tomorrow. And, that your wife is proud. :nabble_smiley_good:

I'll bet it does well tomorrow. And, that your wife is proud. :nabble_smiley_good:

WOW is all I can say of the brakes on the truck!

I have to relearn them they work so good.

The show was more of a club get together than a show and maybe get some new members.

It was cold and not a lot of people out so we all packed it in early.

And like I did not have enough of the cold met up with the wife and it was all out side :nabble_smiley_unhappy:

Good thing was they adopted out 9 dogs and wife said dont know how many kittens / cats

so that was a good thing.

This was the first time having this outing for this place, winery with other groups like ours, so when it happens again the turn out should be better we hope.

All in all a good little outing

Dave ----

WOW is all I can say of the brakes on the truck!

I have to relearn them they work so good.

The show was more of a club get together than a show and maybe get some new members.

It was cold and not a lot of people out so we all packed it in early.

And like I did not have enough of the cold met up with the wife and it was all out side :nabble_smiley_unhappy:

Good thing was they adopted out 9 dogs and wife said dont know how many kittens / cats

so that was a good thing.

This was the first time having this outing for this place, winery with other groups like ours, so when it happens again the turn out should be better we hope.

All in all a good little outing

Dave ----

Glad you had a good outing. Even happier that the brakes impressed you. :nabble_smiley_good:

• 2 weeks later...

Glad you had a good outing. Even happier that the brakes impressed you. :nabble_smiley_good:

Now that it is getting warmer out the shows are really picking up.

The 7th Good Guys show in Raleigh at the fair grounds, 30 mim. from me was yesterday as was a show 15 min. in the other direction from me.

Some of the car club members went to the Good Guys show and others like me to the other show.

It was put on by the South Johnston Upland Wildlife Federation.

It was a truck, tractor & car exhibition. No enter fee but they would take a donation.

Nice little gathering. Tractors were small lawn tractors made into weight pullers to older large farm tractors. Tractors out numbered the cars / trucks 2 to 1.

I dont know how they broke down the tractors but they had cars & truck class and it was people's choice.

For a $1 you could vote for your choice. So if you had $5 you have 5 choices.

I took 2nd place in the classic truck class. I know there were 3 of us as I think the 4 truck came late.

The other 2 were really nice, 86 C10 4x2 pick up and a 87 K10 4x4 pick up that looked like it came off the show room floor other than the steel plate on the bed floor.

The 4th if it was in was a 69 Ford F150. Body was pretty good for the age but the engine bay was pretty dirty showing all the years of dirt LOL

The car class had really nice cars in it also. I know a husband & wife next to our group took 1st & 2nd with their 2 cars, 60's Ford & Chevy.

For 1st / 2nd place we got picture frames with the award in it and they said they would reach out with something else when they came in.

It was a nice outing laid back and small where you could walk around and talk to others.

When at the show we heard of a 3rd show between our show & the Good Guys that had a pretty good showing of cars & trucks but we were set on going to this one already.

Dave ----

The 7th Good Guys show in Raleigh at the fair grounds, 30 mim. from me was yesterday as was a show 15 min. in the other direction from me.

Some of the car club members went to the Good Guys show and others like me to the other show.

It was a truck, tractor & car exhibition. No enter fee but they would take a donation.

Nice little gathering. Tractors were small lawn tractors made into weight pullers to older large farm tractors. Tractors out numbered the cars / trucks 2 to 1.

I dont know how they broke down the tractors but they had cars & truck class and it was people's choice.

I took 2nd place in the classic truck class. I know there were 3 of us as I think the 4 truck came late.

The other 2 were really nice, 86 C10 4x2 pick up and a 87 K10 4x4 pick up that looked like it came off the show room floor other than the steel plate on the bed floor.

The 4th if it was in was a 69 Ford F150. Body was pretty good for the age but the engine bay was pretty dirty showing all the years of dirt LOL

The car class had really nice cars in it also. I know a husband & wife next to our group took 1st & 2nd with their 2 cars, 60's Ford & Chevy.

For 1st / 2nd place we got picture frames with the award in it and they said they would reach out with something else when they came in.

It was a nice outing laid back and small where you could walk around and talk to others.

When at the show we heard of a 3rd show between our show & the Good Guys that had a pretty good showing of cars & trucks but we were set on going to this one already.

Dave ----

Dave - For a trash-hauler your are raking in the trophies/wins! Well done! :nabble_anim_claps:

Do the people at these shows figure out just how well done your truck is? How different it is?

And do you put out the picture albums of all the work you've done?

Dave - For a trash-hauler your are raking in the trophies/wins! Well done! :nabble_anim_claps:

Do the people at these shows figure out just how well done your truck is? How different it is?

And do you put out the picture albums of all the work you've done?

Sounds like a fun day Dave. :nabble_smiley_cool:

Congratulations!

I know I bust your chops about 'the Garbage Truck', but that was your justification to your better half, wasn't it?

Dave ----

Nice! Good to hear other folks see your handiwork!

Well I have hit a few shows and cars & coffee this year so far.

Have something going on just about every weekend now till think June!

Being its getting warmer and the AC stopped working AGAIN I had to clean the dye off where I think the leak is. Cleaned that Friday evening and hosed the truck off and dried for a show Saturday.

Pollen is killer this time of year is a loosing battle to keep the cars & trucks clean.

No did not get anything this time but was good just to hang out with other club members and people at the show.

A while back I ordered new rear Ebrake cables as the ones I installed did not fit right and the brake did not really hold. Before this last set I ordered a set also and checking part numbers found they were for a van IIRC, this set are the right ones.

So today I figured it was time to get them in the truck.

My son helped pull 1 side apart while he & I tried watching a 3 year old (grandson) son had issues to get it back together so I had to do it and the whole other side.

When he went to hit the service brakes to center the shoes so I could adjust them the pedal went to the floor? Even after adjusting the drums it went to the floor. When he went to check fluid level he said as soon as he undid the wire cap hold down fluid came out?

So we did the 2 man brake bleed on the rear only, pedal still going to the floor?

When bleeding the pressure looked good coming out the rear bleeders but when I moved it in the yard only the fronts would lock on grass?

Son & grandson went in so I used a shop air powered vacuum bleeder on the fronts wheels and that also did not help? And yes I did pull the pin out on the valve before bleeding.

I am at a loss why this happened. The pedal was not great but did not go to the floor like it dose now.

I popped the master off the booster and checked the push rod measurement and it was a little short so I adjusted it with no change of the pedal, still to the floor.

The booster & master were new to me (rebuilt? I dont remember now) as I replaced them little over 2 years ago when I got the truck on the road. But it feels like half the master is not working. Like you loose a brake line and the pedal goes to the floor but it will stop just not good.

On the cement drive I can not lock up any of the tires.

On line the parts store shows a new master, not a remanf., in stock for about $60 so think going to give that a try.

Oh the Ebrake cables fit as I had to remove a part I used to shorten the front cable.

I have a lot more threads for adjusting down the road and it feels like it holds better but I did not really test it after the no brake pedal thing.

I also adjusted the clutch as it was grabbing a little to close off the floor for my liking.

2 steps forward 1 back I guess is not to bad and I did nothing on the AC

Dave ----

Dave, I didn't have a chance to read through your whole thread yet but is your AC system still R-12? I was told my AC does not work when I purchased my truck but I have not tested it yet. Looking for some tips and advice to get it running again.

Being its getting warmer and the AC stopped working AGAIN I had to clean the dye off where I think the leak is.

Dave ----

Dave, I didn't have a chance to read through your whole thread yet but is your AC system still R-12? I was told my AC does not work when I purchased my truck but I have not tested it yet. Looking for some tips and advice to get it running again.

Being its getting warmer and the AC stopped working AGAIN I had to clean the dye off where I think the leak is.

Dave ----

Thanks guys

The truck did its trash duties before I went to the show.

Later the wife and I took the truck out to get dinner. It's fun sitting looking out the people that stop and look it over.

Gary, yes I have a photo album of the work that was done. First few people that asked about the truck did not believe I did all the work so I now show pictures.

Johnathan, I don't if you want me helping on the AC. I have been chasing leaks since I got it working.

I am using 134A. Replaced condenser, dryer and all but 1 hose. Also new green o rings but they seam to leak. When it works it is great but only for a few months then I check for more leaks.

Dave ----