Build update 2

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:nabble_anim_claps:. :nabble_anim_jump:. :nabble_smiley_super:

NICE! 😁

Do you know the static compression?

What intake and carb is it going to wear?

Sticking with DS-II or are you using something else for ignition?

i really need to plan a new engine for my truck.

It is starting to show low oil pressure when hot, and I'm not going to pull it to install the Melling high volume pump I have, and put it back as-is when it's 15 years old.

For now special oil has made the symptom go away. :nabble_smiley_blush:

Harley Davidson oil? Ie 50W?

Static cr is some thing like 9.1 to 1. Possibly a little more as the heads have been shaved. Block has been decked to 0.010. Intake is an Eddy Performer, just torqued it down a while ago BTW. Carb will either be a Holley 1850 or 3310. I have both, plus an Eddy 1406, 2 Thermobogs, a Carte Yfa, several Quadrajunks in various states of decay, and more pieces of Holleys than I know what to do with.

Specs on the cam are something like 508 on the intake and 541 on the exhaust. Can't recall the exact numbers right now.

Thinking about putting it in with the transmission, but that will be over 900lbs, so will be tricky with a HF hoist.

NICE! 😁

It is starting to show low oil pressure when hot, and I'm not going to pull it to install the Melling high volume pump I have, and put it back as-is when it's 15 years old.

Dizzy will be a points model custom curved by Scotty, fitted with a Pertronix module. Apparently that is a very specific thing, as he asked me about gear ratios, tire height, etc, and took Georgia's heat and humidity into account.

NICE! 😁

Oh and BTW, it is *possible* to take down the oil pan with removing the transmission. If I ever have to do another rear main that's how I plan to do it. Sure sure how the gasket would work though. Or getting to the oil pump.