Bullnose Forums

Landoll Centerfold Rollbacks

Rembrant

I saw this in my news feed on both IG and FB today. Does anybody else remember seeing these things around?

One our local companies, ACE Towing had one back in the 90's. I believe it was a Bricknose though. Actually hauled my Camaro Z-28 back in about 1996, and I got to ride home in the truck.

387092209_18392363635016023_1630802013762347100_n.jpg.ffe95e34675aa27f24f92e9d1475ce5b.jpg

I've never seen the hinge in the middle flatbeds but I do see Landoll trucks moving intermodal containers and big stuff like industrial machines

I responded to a fatal a couple of years ago where a whole family went under a Landoll type truck with a 40' high cube on it.

Because of how the bed tilts the ICC bar was either not there or ineffective.

That one really shook me. :nabble_smiley_oh_no:

I don't think I've ever seen one, either. But it is a good idea. I wonder why we haven't seen them? :nabble_anim_confused:

I think they were fairly short lived. Introduced in 1983, but I'm not sure when they stopped making them. I have only ever seen the one in person, and I'm pretty sure it was an '87-'91 Ford. I used to see that truck around in the mid to later 1990's, but haven't seen it or another one in 25 years. Going by all of the comments on IG and FB, there are still a few of them scattered around the US, but of all the comments I read, they're all just trucks that are parked collecting dust. None of them are still working.

I seem to recall that there were a lot of problems with them, from local reports at least. Something about being hard on driveline items like U-joints, and driveshafts. I dunno...that's going by very old memory now.

I can see them being problematic up here where frames can rust and fail in as little as a decade.

I don't think I've ever seen one, either. But it is a good idea. I wonder why we haven't seen them? :nabble_anim_confused:

I think they were fairly short lived. Introduced in 1983, but I'm not sure when they stopped making them. I have only ever seen the one in person, and I'm pretty sure it was an '87-'91 Ford. I used to see that truck around in the mid to later 1990's, but haven't seen it or another one in 25 years. Going by all of the comments on IG and FB, there are still a few of them scattered around the US, but of all the comments I read, they're all just trucks that are parked collecting dust. None of them are still working.

I seem to recall that there were a lot of problems with them, from local reports at least. Something about being hard on driveline items like U-joints, and driveshafts. I dunno...that's going by very old memory now.

I can see them being problematic up here where frames can rust and fail in as little as a decade.

When the manf. says no cutting or welding on the frame I wonder how well that went over with the flatbed people?

Having a frame break in the middle cant be all that strong :nabble_anim_crazy:

Dave ----

When the manf. says no cutting or welding on the frame I wonder how well that went over with the flatbed people?

Having a frame break in the middle cant be all that strong :nabble_anim_crazy:

Dave ----

That was my thought. Seems like a good idea if you don't think about failure modes. And that's even without my coming up with Jim's concern about the rear bumper.