Bullnose Forums

Engine temperature gauge has no power to sending unit.

CDLong

I have been considering a refurbished gauge. Thanks Jim.

If you test for continuity from the ICVR output to the tab for the water temp sender wire what do you get?

It's interesting that these gauges work by sending power through a spring that uncoils when hot, much like an electric choke functions.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you test for continuity from the ICVR output to the tab for the water temp sender wire what do you get?

It's interesting that these gauges work by sending power through a spring that uncoils when hot, much like an electric choke functions.

If you tested the cluster on the bench you would know if it was the gauge or the ribbon it was not that hard when out.:nabble_smiley_evil:

Dave ----

• 1 month later...

Unfortunitely, dash is out of truck, waiting on new cable that shows what gear the auto trans is in.

Hi CDLong,

Do you remember from whom you got the indicator cable?

Try Blue Truck Parts eBay store.

He's a member here on the forum and has good feedback.

Yesterday:

I bought his gear shift cable and have been very happy with it. I've already had to disconnect it 4-5 times and it goes back just right each time. I did have some issues with the included 3-D printed clip but it worked well enough with my one original clip that I've made no complaints.

Yesterday:

I bought his gear shift cable and have been very happy with it. I've already had to disconnect it 4-5 times and it goes back just right each time. I did have some issues with the included 3-D printed clip but it worked well enough with my one original clip that I've made no complaints.

And his screen name is thisoldpart.

Yesterday:

The guys are correct. Blue Truck Parts. I also got a refurb engine temp gauge from them. I may be gettin' parts for the window & door lock switches from them once I remove the door panel.

Unfortunitely, dash is out of truck, waiting on new cable that shows what gear the auto trans is in.

Hi CDLong,

Do you remember from whom you got the indicator cable?

The only issue I had installing the new cable was the clamp on the steering column. Every time I tried installing the collar, the clamp would come out. Finally got it to stay in.