Bullnose Forums

Unique decal package

Folks, I've seen this truck around town a couple of times but only recently was able to snap a picture. I've never seen a decal/stripe setup like this before on the 80s Fords. Something called a Free Wheeling package is similar, but only the 70s trucks have the distinct stripes. The early 80s Fords with the Free Wheeling package has one solid stripe that fades into different colors. Any idea what this is?

80s_Ford.thumb.jpg.aa4e3287ea08ef775944ba41e777e069.jpg

That definitely looks like a tequila sunrise. (you have to be of age in the '70's to know what that or a Harvey Wallbanger is :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:)

I believe there were a bunch of regional or dealer specific tape packages for these trucks as well.

(Rocky Mountain and Texas editions definitely)

That definitely looks like a tequila sunrise. (you have to be of age in the '70's to know what that or a Harvey Wallbanger is :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:)

I believe there were a bunch of regional or dealer specific tape packages for these trucks as well.

That's the name Steve McQueen raced under at Elsinore, I believe!

That's the name Steve McQueen raced under at Elsinore, I believe!

I didn't know that Dane! :nabble_smiley_good:

Registering under an alias definitely sounds like something he might do to keep from drawing too much attention.

The drink is basically a screwdriver with Galliano.