Bullnose Forums

Cup Holder 85 F150

B0A0EEB1-D373-4EB3-970F-5832DC169A4D.jpeg.b5a6e894c2b210e32b8ec23226d86884.jpegI had an idea for a cup holder, I don’t need an ashtray. Soooo here is a mock-up.77F1FB3E-472B-457C-A570-D5E9F477A1F2.jpeg.240011bf7019554a1b8b7b292b7487b6.jpeg Found this at Lowes, item #1069021 Craftsman magnetic cup holder. It is very strong. F8E6C76C-A0D5-429D-A945-63B2CFD79FB1.jpeg.b53e4010a76c80241ba417e66f76a81d.jpeg It just needs cleaning and painting. Installed two power points, but one will do as some plugs come with three power points. With the magnetic style, they can be removed for center passenger or you can use the folding plastic type. You can also put a slot on top behind cup holder for your phone. You would need to install a pocket underneath. Will work on drawings when I finish it up. I will post them when I do if anyone is interested. CJ

That is cool! Lots of people don't need an ash tray, so that might be a really good solution. :nabble_anim_claps:

But some of us need a shifter :nabble_smiley_evil:

I dont think the shifter stick will clear the cup holders?

But the nexttime on Lowe's I will see if I can find them

I can use it in the garage on the side of the tool box.

If I put my drink on the bench it gets in the way but the biggie is when I use the bench grinder it makes everything jump and fall off the bench.

Dave ----

That is cool! Lots of people don't need an ash tray, so that might be a really good solution. :nabble_anim_claps:

But some of us need a shifter :nabble_smiley_evil:

I dont think the shifter stick will clear the cup holders?

But the nexttime on Lowe's I will see if I can find them

I can use it in the garage on the side of the tool box.

If I put my drink on the bench it gets in the way but the biggie is when I use the bench grinder it makes everything jump and fall off the bench.

Dave ----

Lowe’s item #1069021 Craftsman CupHolder. My truck is an auto, sorry. CJ

My only concern would be the holders moving with vibration... magnets slip. Especially if one has a large "cruiser cup" size drink in there (very top heavy).

But, try it. See what happens!

The magnets have a rubberized material that keeps them from slipping. Go to Lowe’s item #1069021, get one, stick it to a column and you will see how good it holds without slipping. CJ

I like the CAD (cardboard aided design) model!

That looks very handy for those without a console or the seat mounted Ranger cupholder like Shaun has.

Would definitely be cool if you could post a scaled pattern. :nabble_smiley_good:

If I put a slot for a phone, will the magnets interfere with the phone? Thanks CJ

If I put a slot for a phone, will the magnets interfere with the phone? Thanks CJ

im not criticizing because i love ingenuity. but i am wondering why you went through all the design to be able to use a store bought piece. you were almost there.:nabble_anim_confused: