Bullnose Forums

Replacement radiator...

Thank you, gentlemen!

Think it was 4 years ago I had to replace the radiator in my 81 with a 300 / manual and AC.

Not knowing any radiator shops around here, NC, and knowing that shops, CT, wont do a re-core unless they are forced to I found one on line.

Think it was from Rock Auto, Alum & Plastic, I wanted a driver so did not care if not copper / brass that the parts truck came with.

I do know the later radiators mount differently as the truck came with one but had the wrong support so traded it off.

Dave ----

• 2 weeks later...

Think it was 4 years ago I had to replace the radiator in my 81 with a 300 / manual and AC.

Not knowing any radiator shops around here, NC, and knowing that shops, CT, wont do a re-core unless they are forced to I found one on line.

Think it was from Rock Auto, Alum & Plastic, I wanted a driver so did not care if not copper / brass that the parts truck came with.

I do know the later radiators mount differently as the truck came with one but had the wrong support so traded it off.

Dave ----

What's the difference in pre 85 mounts? I want to upgrade mine in my 83 at some point as the thin one it has now isn't enough at idle in 100° temperatures.

What's the difference in pre 85 mounts? I want to upgrade mine in my 83 at some point as the thin one it has now isn't enough at idle in 100° temperatures.

The way it mounts at the bottom.

Post '85 radiators have a large semicircular boss that fits into a cup on either side of the radiator support.

The way it mounts at the bottom.

Post '85 radiators have a large semicircular boss that fits into a cup on either side of the radiator support.

You can see how to modify an early, meaning prior to 1985, core support to take a later radiator on the 85+ Radiator in Earlier Support tab on our page at Documentation/Cooling System/Radiator Support.

You can see how to modify an early, meaning prior to 1985, core support to take a later radiator on the 85+ Radiator in Earlier Support tab on our page at Documentation/Cooling System/Radiator Support.

Why can't I see that under Documentation/Cooling System/ ?

I see fans, shrouds, radiators...

I think it's another one of those things where I can't scroll over and the tab clicks as soon as I touch it, but idk..

Try it now, Jim.

It was my fault. One of those early setups where the top page, in this case Cooling Systems, was clickable. In other words, you could click on the page and there was content there. And that means people w/o a mouse with which to hover over the top page don't get the slide-out menu below it when they click on it. They just go to the page.

I inserted a new, "non-clickable" page called Cooling Systems, put everything below that, and deleted the old one. And now it works on my iPhone by clicking Cooling Systems which then pops out the menu. (Yeah, Weebly says it is a non-clickable page but you have to click it on a mobile device for anything to happen. :nabble_anim_crazy:) Hopefully it'll work for you as well.

Try it now, Jim.

It was my fault. One of those early setups where the top page, in this case Cooling Systems, was clickable. In other words, you could click on the page and there was content there. And that means people w/o a mouse with which to hover over the top page don't get the slide-out menu below it when they click on it. They just go to the page.

I inserted a new, "non-clickable" page called Cooling Systems, put everything below that, and deleted the old one. And now it works on my iPhone by clicking Cooling Systems which then pops out the menu. (Yeah, Weebly says it is a non-clickable page but you have to click it on a mobile device for anything to happen. :nabble_anim_crazy:) Hopefully it'll work for you as well.

Okay, I've got it now. :nabble_anim_claps:

Not "fault". It's a feature for anyone with a mouse and cursor.

Thank you!

Now I can see the page with the radiator support "saddles" and nut clips.

Okay, I've got it now. :nabble_anim_claps:

Not "fault". It's a feature for anyone with a mouse and cursor.

Thank you!

Now I can see the page with the radiator support "saddles" and nut clips.

Great! Glad it works. I need to take some time and make sure there aren't any more of those things lurking in the system.