tie rods

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
25 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: tie rods

85blueox
having trouble finding tie rods for my truck, any ideas?

85 F350 dana 50 IFS 4X4.  

Can't seem to find anyone local who has Moog to fit it, or even find numbers to find parts.
85 6.9 4 door rusty beast
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
The way I find those parts is to go to Rock Auto's site and look the parts up.  This link should get you to tie rod ends.  Then I find the brand I like, which is usually Moog, get the manufacturer's part number, and then go shopping.  Sometimes I buy from Rock but other times from other vendors, inc Amazon.  And that is usually based on price and availability.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

85blueox
That's a good Idea, I went into a local Napa today, they pulled out the old actual paper books and found them.  The other guys only stare at a computer.....like I'm doing now.
85 6.9 4 door rusty beast
Reply | Threaded
|

mat in tn
I love walking into a parts store and seeing a bank of books with and old guy named smitty who knows them well.
Reply | Threaded
|

AmericanSavage
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Another vote for MOOG.  However, they do not make my Tie rod ends. ☹️

1980 Ford XLT F350
400 Engine (rebuilt to 406)
Holley 2300 500 CFM manual Choke Carb
Under Restore (1st time)