replacement accelerator pedal pad '83 F-150 needed

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

replacement accelerator pedal pad '83 F-150 needed

T-bone Tom
Guys, does anyone know where to get a new accelerator pedal?
I'd like to try Green Sales but I need a part number.  If you can help me out, I'd really appreciate it.
Thanks for the help.
T-bone
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: replacement accelerator pedal pad '83 F-150 needed

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Tom - I don't have that info on the website, yet, but here 'tis from the parts catalog.  But, that is the whole pedal assembly, including the pedal and pad.  Apparently that's the way they come from Ford.

Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

kramttocs
Administrator
Where does E4TZ 9A758-D fit? Found that one on the in the ebay/craigslist section.

The reason I got to looking at this was that I am, let's say 'refurbishing' mine and noticed that there are differences I didn't expect between some the of ones I have on hand. The chart from Gary makes sense as the thicker one is what is in my 1980 f350 and 1985 f250. Both of which came with the rubber carpet.
The thinner one is what is in both my 86 f250's. They are both Lariats with carpet.

So making the assumption that thicker= E6TZ
And thinner = E7TZ

Here are the two different styles (the bottom two are the same):

Scott
'Camano' 1986 F250 Supercab XLT Lariat 460/C6
'Chanute' 1980 F350 C&C 400/NP 435 - Gin Pole

But there ain't nothin' wrong with the radio
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
E4TZ-9A758-D in the listing is probably showing the engineering number found on the part, not the part number you would order at the counter.
Because ALL gas pedals in "Ford speak" have a base part number of 9725.

E7TZ- was designed in or for 1987, and supersedes/replaces the earlier part.  (R/B)
All you can order through the network now is the thinner E7 pedal.
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.