classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
31 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: new member

grumpin
Funny! I did the opposite. Got a Gem Top topper with double doors, always wanted one like that, then sold it because I needed it off a lot and I got finicky about putting garbage in there.

I do garbage runs for a non profit every two or three weeks.
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

mat in tn
thats what trailers are for .
Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
mat in tn wrote
Yes, I was without a truck for about a year or so, first time without one for 33 years.

Had my Bronco and a 1987 4Runner. Used the trailer for trash. Had it parked inside the back gate. Snowed some and got cold, had a heck of a time getting it out. Decided to leave it outside the gate for the winter, came to get it two weeks later and had to fight through 2 feet of snow.

Decided then I wanted a truck, always!

I agree, trailers are good for that, but I like putting in the back, dumping it and I’m done. I’m just too crippled up to fight that kind of stuff anymore.
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

FuzzFace2
grumpin wrote
mat in tn wrote
Yes, I was without a truck for about a year or so, first time without one for 33 years.

Had my Bronco and a 1987 4Runner. Used the trailer for trash. Had it parked inside the back gate. Snowed some and got cold, had a heck of a time getting it out. Decided to leave it outside the gate for the winter, came to get it two weeks later and had to fight through 2 feet of snow.

Decided then I wanted a truck, always!

I agree, trailers are good for that, but I like putting in the back, dumping it and I’m done. I’m just too crippled up to fight that kind of stuff anymore.
 I only lived down here a few months and throwing the trash in the back of my SUV I needed a truck so I did not have to smell the trash in the summer heat.
It only took me 4 years to re-build the to make that happen
Yes it is real easy to drop in in the bed run it 2 miles down the road to the dump and lift it out and be done!
It takes longer to talk to people that like my truck at the dump
Dave ----
Dave G.
81 F100 flare side 300 six / AA OD / NP435 / 2.75 gear
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1980-Ford-F100?page=1
81 F100 style side 300 six/SROD parts truck -RIP
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1981-Ford-F100
Reply | Threaded
|

mat in tn
In reply to this post by grumpin
i just remembered that i am not on the map. Gary, please feel free to do so. old hickory Tn. A suburb east of Nashville
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
You are now on the map, Mat.  Or is it Matt?

We've been pretty close to you.  Our kids lived in Berry Hill for a while and we were out to that mall near you several times, to the hotel with the Christmas lights in it - before it flooded, and to The Hermitage.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

mat in tn
we are almost three whole miles from the hermitage.
Reply | Threaded
|

mat in tn
oh, yes i go by matt
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by mat in tn
Then I've been right in your neighborhood.  

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

mat in tn
Gary, please advise. I am now sitting in my new home in Lexington NC. I guess I need my map position adjusted. Haha. and if you don't mind, I will keep my username. even though it may show a lack of forethought on my part
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Matt - You are now in Lexington.  See if that's what you wanted.