'69 cl90
'57 rambler
suz & kaw etc
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: found: '83 showed up in local junkyard

salans7
It has the factory underhood tool box. It might be worth it for you to pick it up and resell if it isn't all broken up.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Yes, Shaun!  Well spotted.  Those things are going for a lot of money if everything is there.  But all of the brackets need to come with it, and preferably all of the fasteners.

What about the push bar?
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

OBSolete

Thats a GoRhino step guard. Looks like at least 1 hit in the center bottom step but these are repairable. Heeaavy.
Did not know about the boxes. Might actually go down there myself for that. About 80 miles away. Preferable on motorcycle. Hate not saving those step guards though. Fostered many of those rescues until they found their forever homes.
If something else is wanted from it, mention. Figure you lot must be desperate for parts if there's 39 replies to a wtb for a parking switch. The prices are found on LKQ.

'04 cb600f
'94 explorer xlt
'75 cb200t
'74 cb200
'69 cl90
'57 rambler
suz & kaw etc
Reply | Threaded
|

mat in tn
yes good eye on the tool box. it also has an aftermarket four barrel intake manifold.
Reply | Threaded
|

OBSolete
Someone beat me to it. Got the box, the lights, the intake, the winch, the running boards and more. Fast.
Got the step guard. Bit rough but fixed these before.
'04 cb600f
'94 explorer xlt
'75 cb200t
'74 cb200
'69 cl90
'57 rambler
suz & kaw etc
Reply | Threaded
|

viven44
When one of these trucks show up at a local yard where I live, it is carnage. Like a wake of vultures! If I go there 2 days too late all I can find is nuts and bolts on the ground.
Vivek

- 'Big Blue 2WD' - 1984 F350 RWD 460/C6
- 1978 Bronco with a 460 from an 86 Bullnose/C6
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by OBSolete
That's a bummer!  But these trucks are getting both sought after and hard to find, so people may have an agreement with the salvages to get first dibs.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
If in decent shape, the bumpers are desirable.
Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
Chain junkyards (and those independents that run like them) rarely keep vehicles longer than a few months. I bought a color-matched hood, header panel, and grille for my DD Ranger so I could swap back from the 2005 front fascia to the original 2003 fascia. The truck was released into the yard two days before I bought the parts. Within two months, the truck was gone. No way did it get fully parted out by then, they just rotate vehicles often.

I have learned that I have to be a vulture if I want the good stuff from that yard, as it may not make it to the next time I can get out there. The same likely applied to this truck as well. Somebody knew what it was, and they got what they wanted.