classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

air intake duct driverside

BARRYS83F100
To All
Looking for a air intake duct for use on driver side to complete dual snorkel installation on Small Block Application, or if anyone knows if right side could be made to work.

Thanks,
Barry
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: air intake duct driverside

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I used a second snorkel/inlet duct to make a dual-snorkel air cleaner.  You'll find that there are several different snorkels, with some being longer than others and some having a different angle to them.  But the angle is due to a piece that is spot-welded to the actual snorkel.  You can drill the welds out and reposition it and then re-weld or braze it back to get the angle you want.

You can see how I did it on FTE: https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1291332-dads-air-cleaner.html

Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

BARRYS83F100
I have air cleaner done just need hose assy [ duct & hose ] to drivers side or does the one on passenger side be made to work ?
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Oh, I misunderstood.

On mine I was able to turn the fitting that attaches to the radiator support upside down and use it on the driver's side.  And the same hose worked fine.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

BARRYS83F100
nobody parting one of these trucks out with one on ? Still Looking
Reply | Threaded
|

BigBrother-84
LMC sells the air duct.

I had to find the radiator support adaptor (kind of rigid plastic boot) at my local salvage yard.

Jeff / 1984 F350 Crew Cab 4x4/5.8L w351 4V/ T18/ D50 4.10 front/ 8' bed.
Restored 2019-2022.
Nicknamed «Big Brother 1984», due to its soooo-looong shape & nod to George Orwell's 1984 famous novel.