Wanted DASH HARNESS

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
11 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Wanted DASH HARNESS

BARRYS83F100
TO All looking for a good uncut dash harness to convert my 1983 F100 to use with factory tachometer mine currently has warning lights in cluster. let me know if you have available.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Wanted DASH HARNESS

kramttocs
Administrator
How much are you looking for? The dash harness goes out on each side all the way to the headlights.
Scott
'Camano' 1986 F250 Supercab XLT Lariat 460/C6
'Chanute' 1980 F350 C&C 400/NP 435 - Gin Pole

But there ain't nothin' wrong with the radio
Reply | Threaded
|

BARRYS83F100
I am looking for everything to do factory style install.as mine has warning lights in cluster

Reply | Threaded
|

kramttocs
Administrator
I've never had a truck without gauges so not sure what all is needed for the swap. I could pull some of the harness next time I am at the jy but would need the specifics.
Scott

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Don't miss that there's parallel discussion going on about this in the other thread: http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/Correct-under-dash-harness-for-Tachometer-td75138.html#a75466
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

kramttocs
Administrator
Thanks Gary
Scott

Reply | Threaded
|

BARRYS83F100
my truck is 1983 f100 302 V8 AOD Trans, single fuel tank, PS, PDB, A/C, NO Cruise Control, short bed, will be converting to 4WD, Manual windows, Manual Door Locks, Please keep me posted if you happen to find a good harness

Thanks,
Barry
Reply | Threaded
|

kramttocs
Administrator
Will do but honestly, if you are set on replacing the whole harness, you'd be ahead to find a cheap truck locally. Not sure if you've already gathered your 4wd parts but if not you could get everything from a single truck.
Not trying to be discouraging, just throwing out another option.
Scott

Reply | Threaded
|

FuzzFace2
kramttocs wrote
Will do but honestly, if you are set on replacing the whole harness, you'd be ahead to find a cheap truck locally. Not sure if you've already gathered your 4wd parts but if not you could get everything from a single truck.
Not trying to be discouraging, just throwing out another option.
That would be the best way to get the needed parts for both 4wd & the harness.
Note if you want dual tanks that starts with the part of the main (in cab) harness and the frame rail harness.
Don't think you would need to run both thanks if you did not want to but you may have to use a jumper at the plug where the switch would be to get the fuel gauge to work as both senders go thru the switch before going to the gauge.
Dave ----
Dave G.
81 F100 flare side 300 six / AA OD / NP435 / 2.75 gear
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1980-Ford-F100?page=1
81 F100 style side 300 six/SROD parts truck -RIP
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1981-Ford-F100
Reply | Threaded
|

Ford F834
Administrator
In reply to this post by kramttocs
Having done a 4x4 swap myself, I completely agree with Scott that a whole donor truck is the way to go. If you can find an early bullnose one that has the wiring you need then so much the better, you kill two birds with one stone. Just remember the 4x4 parts are compatible through 1996 which opens up a lot more options when looking.
SHORT BED 4-DOOR DIESEL: 1986 F350 4x4 under construction-- 7.3 IDIT ZF5+GVOD

STRAIGHT SIX 4X4: 1981 F150 2wd to 4x4-- 300 I6 close ratio diesel T19, hydroboost brakes, Saginaw steering

BIG F: 1995 F-Superduty under construction— converting to 6.9L IDI diesel ZF5+DNE2
Reply | Threaded
|

BARRYS83F100
I have 1985 F150 4X4 Donor ruck but harness is trashed.