1986F150Six
Administrator
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Used dash pads

kramttocs
Administrator
Prices aside - both great candidates for an SEM job.
Scott
'Camano' 1986 F250 Supercab XLT Lariat 460/C6
'Chanute' 1980 F350 C&C 400/NP 435 - Gin Pole

But there ain't nothin' wrong with the radio
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Yes, they are.  But with the shipping they are getting pretty costly.  I wonder how likely they are to crack during shipping?
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
Considering mine cracked overnight while it was well supported and left alone, I'd imagine the risk is very high unless you were able to manipulate foam to perfectly match the contours of the pad, and use one piece per side to perfectly support it. Maybe then you'd have a lesser chance, but it would probably still crack.

It really depends on the dash pad though, and how much of the chemical compounds have evaporated away through the years.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Yes, I was thinking about your dash pad, Shaun.  And I can't imagine a casual shipper being that much more careful than you.  Then there's the shipping company, which is going to toss it around.

I'm not into spending anything like $100, much less $200+, on a used pad.  And shipping isn't an option in my book.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
First one is sold!