1986F150Six
Administrator
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Trailer Special emblem - NOS

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Not quite as good of a deal as the XLT emblems, but not bad at all.

Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
Interesting that it doesn't show the chrome surround. Either way, these never come up, so I bought it. Now I have two.
Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
SOLD!
Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
This seller seems to have multiple, as I have bought a few more and they still have other listings for Trailer Special emblems. As a warning, these are only the inserts and do not include the chrome outer surround.

I'm confused as to how these came to be, as the seller lists them as vintage, NOS, and original. But they seem to be OEM quality, so no worries about cheaply made. We all know the originals didn't last anyway.

Buy these now or tell your Trailer Special package owning friends because I don't know if we'll ever get this chance again. I've been inputting the term "Trailer Special" into Ebay for over ten years now and rarely ever come across these emblems.
Reply | Threaded
|

kramttocs
Administrator
Are these the same dimensions as another emblem? Just wondering if someone who needs these but doesn't have a donor surround can swap one from another emblem.
Scott
'Camano' 1986 F250 Supercab XLT Lariat 460/C6
'Chanute' 1980 F350 C&C 400/NP 435 - Gin Pole

But there ain't nothin' wrong with the radio
Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
kramttocs wrote
Are these the same dimensions as another emblem? Just wondering if someone who needs these but doesn't have a donor surround can swap one from another emblem.
Good question.

From previous experience, I believe that the dimensions of the Trailer Special/Camper Special emblems match the 80-81 XLT and 80-86 Lariat emblems. I can attest that they will fit inside the surround of a Camper Special emblem and an early XLT emblem because I tried them against both.
Reply | Threaded
|

kramttocs
Administrator
Thanks! Helpful info
Scott
'Camano' 1986 F250 Supercab XLT Lariat 460/C6
'Chanute' 1980 F350 C&C 400/NP 435 - Gin Pole

But there ain't nothin' wrong with the radio