13 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Show off what you have, and know

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
This post was updated on .
This subfolder was brought about by an idea spawned in the new users introduction threads.
http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/Introducing-Myself-td14244.html

Does anyone else have "bright ideas" or "tricks of the trade"?
Everyone has strengths and weaknesses.
So, please post in a thread about that subject so we can all share and expound on that knowledge!

I'm going to try and get things started by opening threads on a few topics.
If you have  tricks or techniques that could help someone else please share them.
If you feel you have another topic not covered feel free to open one.

If you have any issue with what I've laid out, please respond here and I'll do my best to resolve it.

Thanks again, Jim
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Show off what you have, and know

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
This post was updated on .
I'm hoping to drive a little site traffic this way so we can all have a centralized location to share these nuggets or doh! realizations.  

Again, I'm trying to get topics going in this *subfolder.
And I'm using this particular thread for feedback and administration.
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Reply | Threaded
|

ulric kaka
Banned User
In reply to this post by ArdWrknTrk
Women Leather Jackets
Find high quality leather jackets for women at Wilsons Leather. Shop our selection today for leather coats and jackets in a variety of styles from stylish motorcycle
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
ulric kaka wrote
Women Leather Jackets
Find high quality leather jackets for women at Wilsons Leather. Shop our selection today for leather coats and jackets in a variety of styles from stylish motorcycle
Note: Ulric has been banned forever.  I'll leave this post up for a while to dissuade others from doing the same and then will put it in Quarantine.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Rembrant
In reply to this post by ArdWrknTrk
I know this isn't really what you're looking for, but I wouldn't mind seeing something along the lines of a Bullnose Myth Busters thread...or page...or a thread/discussion that got complied into a page that could be linked to here and elsewhere. Maybe Myth Busters is not the right term...more like a Bullnose facts page, or a Bullnose misinformation correction page. Am I making any sense? lol.

Maybe it's too much to ask because there's just too much information to sift through out there.

1994 F150 4x2 Flareside. 5.0 w/MAF, 4R70W, stock.
1984 F150 4X2 Flareside. Mild 302 w/ 5spd. Sold.
1980 F150 4X4 Flareside. 300i6 w/ 5spd. Sold in 2021.
1980 F100 4X2 Flareside. 351w/2bbl w/NP435. Sold in 1995

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
How detailed are you thinking, Cory?  Would the bit about the wiring dots/hash marks going to stripes fit?  The slide lock to pin lock conversion?

Or, what did you have in mind?

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Rembrant
Gary Lewis wrote
How detailed are you thinking, Cory?  Would the bit about the wiring dots/hash marks going to stripes fit?  The slide lock to pin lock conversion?

Or, what did you have in mind?
Haha, I guess I didn't explain myself fully Gary, did I?...lol.

I see funny discussions on the Bullnose Facebook groups all the time, and while I can't be bothered to correct them every time, I do try once in a while.
Funny one the other day was "The 302 was the only V8 offered in the Bullnose trucks in 1980-1981, because the 351w didn't come out until 1982". Somebody chimed in and said that their truck has a 350M/400 in it, and then somebody else said they also had a 351M/400. (Of course there was also the little known 255 V8, but it's rare enough these days it's hardly worth bringing up, except in a debate...lol).

I'm no expert on the 351M/400 engines, but I have been hearing this since I was a little kid. But...isn't a 351M one engine, and a 400 is another? We had a 1978 F150 4x4 with a 400...at least that is what my old man called it...just a 400. I've heard people say that their truck has a 351M in it, but at the same time, I've heard just as many people say that they have a "351 modified 400".

Anyway, good reading on the topic here:

https://www.moderndriveline.com/the-confusion-of-the-351m-400-ford-engines/

Another one that has popped up several times recently is the Clark transmission. Isn't that another mistake? A lot of people seem to think that they have a Clark transmission in their Bullnose.

Another topic that I see debated on a fairly regular basis is the first year for EFI. Some will say that it was 1985, others will say that it was 1986. Others will say that EFI was simply an option, like the color of the truck, and you chose carbureted or EFI when you ordered it.

I know some topics are kinda weird with these trucks due to the common mid-year changes and whatnot, but I think a lot of them are fairly indisputable facts.

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I suspect the source of the confusion on the 351M/400 is that the emissions sticker says "351M/400".  But it is the family rather than one engine.

See if this page helps: Documentation/Engines/351M & 400.

I think we have many of the bits and pieces you are talking about, but just scattered all over the website/forum.  Check out Documentation/Bullnose FAQ's.  And Documentation/Year-to-year Differences.

So, how do we pull all of that together?  Is there someone that would step up to be the Bullnose Trivia King?  

Reply | Threaded
|

Rembrant
Gary,

Now that you pointed it out, I honestly don't know if I was aware of that Bullnose FAQ page. I think that is probably what I had in mind...more or less. No sense in re-inventing the wheel here. Maybe a trivia discussion thread would be cool though...at least to those of us that are obsessed with obscure details...lol.

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Minutia.

We know who we are... 🧐
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by Rembrant
Cory - Would you be willing to take on the Minutia Czar role?  Or, would that be Prime Minister?  I'd really LOVE it if we could start dividing up things, like John took on the truck of the month thing.

We could give you special powers to move things around or even be an editor on the website.

Reply | Threaded
|

Rembrant
Gary Lewis wrote
Cory - Would you be willing to take on the Minutia Czar role?  Or, would that be Prime Minister?  I'd really LOVE it if we could start dividing up things, like John took on the truck of the month thing.

We could give you special powers to move things around or even be an editor on the website.
Haha, Gary, it would be more like a Premier...that's the Canadian version of a State Governor.
You'll always be the Prime Minister.

Well, I could give it a try. I usually avoid having any responsibilities with forums...lol, but let me read through some of the documentation and see if I can figure something out in my head.

I enjoy Bullnose minutia, BUT...my experience, knowledge and interest ends at 5 lugs...lol.

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Ok, you are now the Premier Of Bullnose Minutia.  Or is that Minutia Premier - Bullnose?  Or???  

Yours to name, and yours to do.  THANKS!