Seat sliders

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Seat sliders

stripernut
Need a pair of seat sliders for '86 bench seat. from what I've gathered the sliders from '80 to '96 are the same.
1986 F250, 300ci with Borg Warner T18 and 3:55 Positraction. Truck ordered new in 1986. 170000+ miles restored in 2010
 including engine rebuild and swapping transmission to Z5.  300ci has Clifford headers, Clifford intake, Edlebrock 500 carb, Harland and Sharp roller rockers, oversized valves, head ported and polished by Clifford, flattop coated pistons, head and deck cut 10 thousandths, Mallory 6A ignition and Performance Inc. Distributer.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Seat sliders

Bronco638
I'm parting out an '81 F-100. I have the complete bench seat framework (no covering or foam). The sliders have surface rust but are solid. LMK if you're interested and/or if you'd like some pics.
Dave A
'80 F-150
'11 Ranger
'17 Expedition
Reply | Threaded
|

stripernut
definitely interested. I need to research if they will work. please send pic of what's available. Is the connecting rod between the sliders ok?
1986 F250, 300ci with Borg Warner T18 and 3:55 Positraction. Truck ordered new in 1986. 170000+ miles restored in 2010
 including engine rebuild and swapping transmission to Z5.  300ci has Clifford headers, Clifford intake, Edlebrock 500 carb, Harland and Sharp roller rockers, oversized valves, head ported and polished by Clifford, flattop coated pistons, head and deck cut 10 thousandths, Mallory 6A ignition and Performance Inc. Distributer.
Reply | Threaded
|

Bronco638
The 'connecting rod' is actually a thin piece of wire and there were a series of springs that attached the adjuster handle to the passenger side slider. Unfortunately, my Flare Side needs these so I'm keeping them.

Since the sliders are what bolt to the floor and supposedly 1980-96 are interchangeable, these should work. But, do some research to be sure.

I will get some pics this afternoon.
Dave A
'80 F-150
'11 Ranger
'17 Expedition
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
The front floors for the Bullnose trucks are in two varieties:

Regular cabs and crew cabs have the same front floor

Supercabs and Broncos have the same front floor.  These were the only ones that got bucket seats from the factory, and these won't bolt into a regular or crew cab floor directly.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

stripernut
Seems that they will work. I'm ok with the springs missing. Are you willing to ship? I'm in Georgia. I'm not real tech savvy, what does LMK mean?
Reply | Threaded
|

Bronco638
The F-100 parts truck is a regular cab. Here are some pics (sorry for the delay). Two views of the driver's side slider:

Two views of the passenger side slider:

Yes, I'm willing to ship them to Georgia. They are sitting out in the elements, currently (if there seems like there's a lot of light inside that cab it's because that cab has no roof). They are not crusty with respect to the sliding action. They are still smooth. I little elbow grease and some rust-stop paint and they should last a long time.

I have no idea what these are worth. But, I would prefer to see them live on in another truck as opposed to becoming scrap. How does $60 shipped sound?

LMK = Let Me Know
Dave A
'80 F-150
'11 Ranger
'17 Expedition
Reply | Threaded
|

stripernut
This post was updated on .
That sounds fair to me. Text me at 7064662947, or email me.
Reply | Threaded
|

Bronco638
Text sent.
Dave A
'80 F-150
'11 Ranger
'17 Expedition