SROD External Parts

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

SROD External Parts

Bronco638
My '80 Flare Side is going to get a 302/SROD combination (from my '81 F-100 Styleside parts truck). I am well aware of the SROD's reputation but this is what I have at the moment. I will be on the hunt for a SMOD/Toploader (like I had in the GT-350).

In the meantime, does anyone know where I might find the output shaft/yoke seal?

And, I am also looking for the rubber boot that goes over the shift lever at the shift tower (not the one inside the truck that connects to the floor mat/carpet.

Here's some pics from the F-100:

Here's the boot assembly after removal:

I'm just after that rubber boot but the shift tower isn't open to the elements like I expected. The shift lever has a couple of overlapping cups that provide some protection as well:

I'm thinking I could adapt something form Dorman to work but thought I'd ask here.
Dave A
'80 F-150
'11 Ranger
'17 Expedition
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SROD External Parts

83fromwisco
Wow! This is the first time I have seen one of these in another truck besides my own. I had my SROD rebuilt about 7 years ago, and the transmission shop in my hometown just ordered the rebuild kit. I'm not sure if that seal was in fact part of that kit, but would think it would be. I would try a local rebuild shop. Give them the info on the trans, or the vehicle it came out of, and see if they can source one for you. They tend to have the leads on where to find parts.

It's a far better shot than trying to talk to the um.. "knowledgeable" individuals behind the counter at a big auto parts store location. If you get what I'm saying

As far as the boot goes, I have the same issue. Not sure where to find that thing.
Ben (83fromwisco)

1983 F150 XLT  351 W DS-II conversion w/2150 (formerly a California EEC-III/DS-III with the notoriously faulty Variable Venturi that still ran quite well)
NP208 T-case
SROD 4-speed manual
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Dave - If Ben's suggestion doesn't work you might try Midwest Transmissions.  I've purchased parts for ZF5's and transfer cases from them and they've been very helpful.  Don't know if they have your parts, but they'd be where I'd start.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Bronco638
Thanks for the tips guys. I hadn't thought of a tranny rebuild shop because most of them only do automatics (or that's what I would guess - maybe I'm wrong). I thought maybe looking through the Dorman on-line catalog might reveal an option. But, yeah, a local rebuilder is probably the best place to start.
Dave A
'80 F-150
'11 Ranger
'17 Expedition