classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Rock Sliders For Big Blue?

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Just in case I decide to make rock sliders for Big Blue, I want to remember this approach to bending rectangular tubing.

Currently I have steps made out of round tubing held to the mounts with 3/4" bolts that engage a piece of steel welded to the inside of the tubing. Instead I'd consider making step/sliders out of rectangular tubing with 90 degree bends at each and welded to the mounts.

Then there'd be another piece of tubing welded inside the U that the step makes to act as a slider.

Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Rock Sliders For Big Blue?

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
This is fabrication 201.

I'm not really sure that you would ever need to go there Gary, but Bob might.
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Bob has sliders on his Bronco, but has said I won't need them on Big Blue.  However, I'd run across that method of "bending" rectangular tubing so wanted to preserve it.  My thinking isn't to do it before we go, but if I mangle a step bar then maybe I'll want to do it when we get back.

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Maybe if you're feeling the urge, you should do something about the swing gate?  ðŸ¤”
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I would love to do that.  So I need to hit WelderScott up to see what parts he's acquired.  He was going to pick up bits and pieces instead of buying large sections.