1986F150Six
Administrator
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Reproduction spoked wheel?

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Yes, I'd say it is a repro, but I don't know.

Says it is interchange part number E2TZ 1015-D, and the catalog says that is a Type 5, argent, and will be marked with an LX.

But, the advert also says "Brand: Crash Parts Fast".  That's not very confidence inspiring.  
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

66gtk
it also says it's out of stock
'83 F150 XL Shortbox California
302 (EEC-III), AOD, 3.55 - stock original drivetrain
Reply | Threaded
|

LARIAT 85
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Gary Lewis wrote
Yes, I'd say it is a repro, but I don't know.

Says it is interchange part number E2TZ 1015-D, and the catalog says that is a Type 5, argent, and will be marked with an LX.

But, the advert also says "Brand: Crash Parts Fast".  That's not very confidence inspiring.  
"Crash Parts Fast" is also the name of the seller.

The listed part number (STL01160U15) is the same part number that Keystone uses to identify the remanufactured wheel for Ford part number E2TZ-1015-D, which is the correct wheel for 1982 - 1986 Bullnose trucks.  

I purchased a set of 5 of wheels like this (15x8 version) from a similar Ebay vendor a few years ago, and they came in Keystone boxes.  They looked brand new and are on Lucille right now.  At the time, these same wheels were available from multiple vendors, so I negotiated a cheaper price for the set.  What was once a very common and cheap wheel to purchase, these wheels are now disappearing.  
Lucille:  1985 Ford F150 XLT Lariat

*Colors:  Dark Canyon Red exterior, Canyon Red interior
*Engine: 5.0, CompCams 31-230-3, "Thumper" E7 heads, Edelbrock Performer intake, Autolite 4100 carburetor, DuraSpark II ignition, Thorley Tri-Y headers, Flowmaster dual exhaust, H-pipe.
*Drivetrain:  AOD transmission, 3.55 gears, 2wd.

Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
This post was updated on .