classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Possible Parts Truck or Swap

fords4life
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/255829275232818

After the hail damage, my '86 needs a new roof, new bed sides, hood, and left front fender.  I'm battling with what the truck is worth vs the time and effort to rebuild or replace all of that stuff.  I've been looking for parts trucks or possible "barn find" type deals and stumbled on this one.  I'm really thinking I need to go look at it.  The guy is supposed to be sending me pictures of the interior tonight.  $1500 is way to high for a truck that isn't running or driving, but if everything is straight and cancer free, it might be worth $1k and scrap/part out what I don't need.  Thoughts?
1986 F-150 SC 2wd 4spd 302EFI Base Model all OEM motor/trans/emissions equipment.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Possible Parts Truck or Swap

Gary Lewis
Administrator
You are right - $1500 is too much for a truck you can’t drive away. I’ve bought several and the most I’ve paid was $600 for Rusty. His engine ran but he had a blown rear diff and two bad driveshafts. About $1000 later, for a total of $1500, I had a very drivable truck with good tires, newly rebuilt engine, but with a number of other issues to deal with.

If you can get it for less than $1000 I’d consider it.  But, since you can’t drive it you won’t know what all is wrong with it. So, scope it out closely to see if you can make one good truck with the bits and pieces you have.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI