Poncho Loco up for sale - F150 4x4

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Poncho Loco up for sale - F150 4x4

RenoHuskerDu
Our daughter decided she wants an IDI just like her brother. So I'm giving her Farm Truck, and she's putting Poncho Loco up for sale. Here's the craigslist blurb. She has better photos if you want em. Location is Central Texas.

1982 F150 4x4 Super Cab long bed
Very good looking Bullnose!
52144 miles showing, unknown actual mileage

351W V8 (5.8L) in good condition, manual trans, power steering, power brakes
Runs well when warmed up, a new choke would fix that but hey this is Texas
Brand new 15" AT tires, rebuilt Holley 500 cfm carb, new dual 2.5" exhaust
Reman power steering box, new fuel pump

Interior in great condition; custom built door pockets, Rhino Lined floor, overhead console, rear speakers, seats very good
Has new 36 gal rear tank, Rhino lined bed, good tailgate, side rails in good shape
Rust in rear wheel arches and cab drip rail, frame was undercoated, no rust there
Has been repainted by PO but some sun damage showing, bondo on driver door
A/C is in the bed of the truck, up to you to finish that
Comes with clean title and full tank of non-ethanol gas

Bought it as a project truck, got it fixed up and running.
Beautiful truck turns heads, needs finishing work that I can't do.
Text 5one2-nine94-five864

Reno in Central Texas, 86 F250 XLT Lariat eclb 2wd 6.9, plus 2 Bricknoses, 1 Aeronose that's getting a Bullnose front clip, and parts trucks. Busy lads, father and sons wrenchers.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Poncho Loco up for sale - F150 4x4

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Reads like a nice, solid truck.  Should sell quickly.

Do the captain's chairs go back in it?  (They'd look good in Big Blue.)
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

RenoHuskerDu
Yes those are his seats. Somebody invested a lot in the truck, including the chairs, repaint, and Rhino lining the bed and cab. The sun visor seems to be handmade of wood then covered in vinyl. And those custom door pockets we'd discussed in an earlier thread. Alas, we don't know that PO.
Reno in Central Texas, 86 F250 XLT Lariat eclb 2wd 6.9, plus 2 Bricknoses, 1 Aeronose that's getting a Bullnose front clip, and parts trucks. Busy lads, father and sons wrenchers.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Ok, thanks.

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

RenoHuskerDu
It is discouraging how many Craigs List "leads" are spammers.  My daughter got hit with a cold bucket of water, as it were. So many dirtballs out there ...

Where do y'all advertise when you sell a pickup?
Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
I hear you! Just listed my truck today and didn’t use my phone number because of scams.

But, I am using craigslist as I think it’s the best option for now. Facebook marketplace isn’t very good around here in my opinion.

Unfortunately I don’t think the paper is the go to place anymore. We used to have Nickel Ads which was good.

I used to like craigslist but as you mentioned so many spammers now.

If I’m not successful with craigslist I may try Hemmings or Bring a Trailer.
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

RenoHuskerDu
Poncho Loco finally sold for $4500 to a local volunteer fireman from my department. He's gone on now and does private arson investigation. Judging from his house, that must be lucrative.

Anyway, Poncho went to an avid Bullnose enthusiast. This is his 3rd. We didn't work too hard at selling the truck, just parked it in Fakebook and let folks find it.

Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
Good news!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by RenoHuskerDu
Yes, good news. Perhaps he will join us?