Old Ford dealership selloff

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
14 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Old Ford dealership selloff

NotEnoughTrucks
Rural Saskatchewan brings out some pretty interesting auctions. Looks like I've got my calender marked!

https://www.globalauctionguide.com/saskatchewan-auctions/auction-for-kings-motors-ltd-s-397296.html
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Old Ford dealership selloff

Gary Lewis
Administrator

WOW!!!

That is COOL!  I like the wrecker.  And the Blue Point/Standard Motor Products parts cabinets, like the two I have.  And the parts.  And the manuals.  AND........
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
In reply to this post by NotEnoughTrucks
Wow indeed! A blast from the past!

I don't know what some of that stuff is...but I think I need it!  
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

Rembrant
In reply to this post by NotEnoughTrucks
Cool. Looks like there's some neat old stuff there.

Did this place just close recently? Looks like a museum...I assume closed for years?
1994 F150 4x2 Flareside. 5.0 w/MAF, 4R70W, stock.
1984 F150 4X2 Flareside. Mild 302 w/ 5spd. Sold.
1980 F150 4X4 Flareside. 300i6 w/ 5spd. Sold in 2021.
1980 F100 4X2 Flareside. 351w/2bbl w/NP435. Sold in 1995

Reply | Threaded
|

NotEnoughTrucks
A lot of small towns around here had dealerships that were closed over the last 20 or so years. Looks like this one may have kept operating on a limited basis. I understand the tow truck is still in use. Judging from the manuals and parts, they likely shut down the dealership in the mid nineties.

I attended a similar sale for a GM dealer in a nearby town last year. This one is about an hour away from me and I plan to attend. Feeding my inner hoarder!
Reply | Threaded
|

85lebaront2
Administrator
I have the exact same valve grinder and the seat refacing tools that go with it. I have a Coats 10-10 tire machine and a wheel balancer. I love that old welder!
Bill AKA "LOBO" Profile

"Getting old is inevitable, growing up is optional" Darth Vader 1986 F350 460 converted to MAF/SEFI, E4OD 12X3 1/2 rear brakes, traction loc 3:55 gear, 160 amp 3G alternator Wife's 2011 Flex Limited Daily Driver 2009 Flex Limited with factory tow package Project car 1986 Chrysler LeBaron convertible 2.2L Turbo II, modified A413

Reply | Threaded
|

NotEnoughTrucks
Well, it's off to the auction tomorrow. If anyone sees anything they absolutely have to have, message me.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Wait.  How would I "see" anything?  What auction?  Just any?  

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

NotEnoughTrucks
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Oh!  How quickly they forget.  

So, are you coming to the show in Sept?  If so, with how big of a truck?  

Reply | Threaded
|

NotEnoughTrucks
Now I've done it!

Manuals from 1980 thru 1995 except 1986.

Gary, might be a late decision to attend. Looks like a long hail season shaping up here, could last into October.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator

What a haul!  I can't wait to see what you find when you unwrap them.  There's a gold mine in there I'm sure.

As for coming to the show,

PLEASE DO!

Reply | Threaded
|

NotEnoughTrucks
For some reason, I figured the story of the auction itself might be interesting.

I got there and made the obligatory checkout run. There was so much there that I wish I could have bought!

But I was there for the manuals. The auctioneer had laid out all the manuals on a trailer. He had them arranged by row and column with the rows being the type of manual and the columns being the year. There really is a lot of different types of documentation from the factory, for example, the EVTM's we are so fond of. Specific EVTM's are offered for each model, (which had been grouped together and wrapped in plastic). Repeat the process for other types of manuals such as chassis and suspension, etc. I'm sure we all get the idea. This produced a fairly formidable display and it would have been nearly impossible to go through everything before the auction began. So, the manuals came up and despite all the effort gone into the preparation of the individual packets, he decided to sell by the year. Sell one column and pick your year. The first winning bidder immediately picked up the 86 books. The auctioneer asked if anyone else was interested in that price, another bidder immediately grabbed the 96 and up manuals. (He was focused on anything OBDII). The auctioneer asked again and this time I was on the ball. I requested everything else remaining between and including 80 and 95. He looked at me and asked, "You sure?", and I said yup.

Now it was on to loading. The 96 and up buyer was loading first and the 86 buyer had grabbed his books and left. Took me a good hour to load everything into the cab of my truck.

I had not realized exactly what types of documentation were available from Ford and what will become my prize are the wiring diagram books. These cover all models and are printed on large format paper, 11"X 17". Ford published these collections yearly. EVTM's for individual models are available, but I had never seen the master collection before. While I was loading up, I noticed the 86 buyer had left behind the wiring diagram book for his purchase. He was nowhere to be found and it was left in my pile. So, I did not get any of the 86 books except for the one likely of most value to me!

I'm going to be offering up these books for sale. I will be going through them and making a list over the next few days and I'll put it up in the buy/sell section. Sorry, but those wiring diagrams are staying with me. Scans are a possibility. There are some EVTM's as well as car model info and of course, I have the 87 to 95 collection as well. I don't intend to get rich on this and I would appreciate any guidance as to value. I would really like to see the bullnose relevant books stay here in the Garagemahal, so message me if you are looking for anything. Shipping out of Saskatchewan by post has been pretty reasonable.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Well done!  You got a treasure trove, and I am really, REALLY interested in what you got.  Perhaps some books I've never heard of?

If you got brochures that I don't have I'm certainly interested.  I have 1980 Bronco; 1981 4-Wheeler, Bronco, Explorer, Truck, F-Series, Accessory, and a Bronco and an F-Series advert.  In '82 I have the F-Series brochure.  In '83 I have the Bronco and an F-Series brochure as well as the chip color chart.  For '84 I have nothing.  For '85 I have the early and late F-Series brochures as well as an Explorer.  And for '86 I have nothing - but that may be what you have as well.

And I'd like to get more of the dealer facts books or organizers, which are three-ring binders - at least the three I have: 1981, 2, and 3.  So I'd like 1980, 4, 5, & 6.

I probably ought to have an '80 EVTM as well.  I have the '81, 5, & 6.

Any microfiche or other versions of the MPC?

What else????