classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
28 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: OE Radio/Stereo update to include USB/Aux ports

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I started checking those colors and jumped to the conclusion that you found the headlight switch connector.  But then I looked at one of mine and it isn't that one.  However, several of those wires are also in the headlight connector.  If I have the colors right, the R/Y is headlights, the Bk/Pk is courtesty/dome lights, and the Br is exterior lamps.

Can you tell me what all of the colors are, inc any traces or dots?
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
In the 6th post you can see where the PO cut and spliced the newer head unit connector into the old harness.

So I would say the old connectors are long gone.

I would be looking at the wire colors on the cab side of that bunch of butt splices.
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

Megiddo
In reply to this post by El Chapo
I think that 7 pin plug goes to your buzzer.  Some of the connections are for the seatbelt and some are for headlamps.  I'm pretty sure I unplugged mine.
1984 F250 4x4 351W  ZF5-42
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Ding, ding, ding!  We have a winner!  It looks like that is C240 for the Ignition Key/Seat Belt/Headlamps "On" warning buzzer.

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

El Chapo
Thank you!!!..your all awesome really appreciate all of your help.
86 Bronco XLT “La Bronkita” Tow/light pkg. 302/EFI, BW1345
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
It was Megiddo that recognized it.  

Reply | Threaded
|

El Chapo
Well thank you Megiddo!! I’ll just leave that connector alone.
86 Bronco XLT “La Bronkita” Tow/light pkg. 302/EFI, BW1345
Reply | Threaded
|

Megiddo
Happy to help.  
1984 F250 4x4 351W  ZF5-42