New dash pads: Made with original ford tooling in the USA

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

New dash pads: Made with original ford tooling in the USA

83fromwisco
Found this by accident. I did a quick forum search, but did not see any topics or threads mentioning this company. If this is already posted somewhere under a dedicated vendor list, or has already been mentioned please just move it or disregard.

Supposedly this company has original Ford tooling that they use, AND they use the same vinyl that Ford did at the time. Not sure how accurate that is, but if the cost of them is indicative of the quality, then I presume that would be of interest to some of us here that have more of a purist/OEM mentality. Oh, and they are made in the USA with a lifetime warranty. I'll put a link to the website below.

https://dashesdirect.com/product/1980-1986-f-150250350-ford-original-tooling-dash-pad/
Ben (83fromwisco)

1983 F150 XLT  351 W DS-II conversion w/2150 (formerly a California EEC-III/DS-III with the notoriously faulty Variable Venturi that still ran quite well)
NP208 T-case
SROD 4-speed manual
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: New dash pads: Made with original ford tooling in the USA

Ifitaintbroke
I guess you're supposed to paint the white on if yours is a different color? Thats a lot of money when they only offer black and white. Look pretty good, though.
Bradley
86 f250 supercab longbed, 4x4, 460 bored to 472 cubes, ported heads, ARP rod bolts, EFI pistons, 5.08/5.41 lift 114° lobe separation flat tappet cam, notched lifters, Smith Brothers pushrods, stock rockers, Eddy Performer intake, Holley 1850 or 3310 depending on mood, custom curved points dizzy, MSD analog 6al triggered by Pertronix module, zf5 swap, 3g alternator, custom instrument cluster, dual tanks with 38 Gal rear for 57 Gal of fuel capacity, far too much more to mention.

98 Ranger standard cab, rwd, 5-speed, 2.5L, glass pack muffler, dual plugs wired to fire at the same time, coming up on 300,000 miles before too long.

Averaging 26-27 mpg.

South Georgia.
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Most of these dashes are black underneath. (at least my burgundy one is)
I guess white would be a better substrate for buckskin or spruce?
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Years ago I talked to those folks and discovered that you could buy their products from several of the dealers, like LMC and Jeff's Bronco Graveyard, for less than from Dashes Direct.  I don't know that it is still true, but I'd check before I spent that much.

As for the color, I've been surprised how well the SEM "paint" covers.  I think it would cover black well, but if you are doing a light color I'd start with white anyway.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
If you click the listing and select a color, it shows everything as out of stock. A company that has access to the tooling should never be out of stock save for employment or raw material issues. Definitely a little strange to see.
Reply | Threaded
|

BigBrother-84
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
I went the “black pad” painted way.

Not sure where I bought the replacement pad, I could find the info if required.

What I can say is, even well cleaned and prepared surface, the paint is still fragile and scratches easily, letting the black appears.

I sometimes have to touch up.
But I’m still overall satisfied.
Jeff / 1984 F350 Crew Cab 4x4/5.8L w351 4V/ T18/ D50 4.10 front/ 8' bed.
Restored 2019-2022.
Nicknamed «Big Brother 1984», due to its soooo-looong shape & nod to George Orwell's 1984 famous novel.
Reply | Threaded
|

mat in tn
In reply to this post by salans7
I have looked a few times at lmc and npd and often out of stock is the most common. is there really a rush on these? at 500 plus? I have bought multiple trucks for less!