New build thread

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
68 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: New build thread

mat in tn
well, the move is a major job. not complaining, just saying it's my new full-time job. no truck work getting done. but a new garage is exciting and the chance to organize as I go is cool too. I guess now is when I wish I was younger. but I'm not even old yet. I retired very early! ok, so I just quit. whatever. anyway, we bought an old house in Lexington NC. right at 30 miles from the workshop. that beats 430. and the garage at the house lets me work at home which is my goal. maybe part time at the other shop as it is family and if worth me moving for then I don't want to miss that. I'm going to stay " mat in tn " though as I will always have one foot in TN.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
That’s cool, Matt!  When is it happening?  Show us pics.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

mat in tn
it's happening now. I have moved two truck/trailer loads to the garage already and one trip delivering my bronco 2. probably two or three loads more before I get to the house. hiring a big truck is a consideration but I'm going slowly and that would not really work with rental rates. also, we just moved my daughter last week and they did the big truck route. time sensitive! labor sensitive! and expensive! I'm moving at a more controlled pace. in fact, I'm taking today off. that's why I'm catching up here. and also helping diagnose in the shop by text.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I hope it goes very smoothly, and inexpensively.  

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

mat in tn
well, I'm finally getting back up to speed on this project. I pulled the rolling chassis from the metal shop and brought it home to my garage for finishing work. the metal shop produces a lot of dust, and my clean painted frame looks more like a barn find. i also needed the bay for the 82 f100 because i have decided to convert the three on tree to four in the floor to get overdrive. I did prove the engine to be a good runner first so now that is a side project to my side project. I did get some metal work done on the cab last month but it has not been as easy to get to that shop as I had planned so having at least half at home should help.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Having facilities at home is the way to go.  Even 30 minute away has to slow things down.  So I'm sure you'll be able to get more done now.  And things will stay cleaner.  

Reply | Threaded
|

BigBrother-84
In reply to this post by mat in tn
mat in tn wrote
well, I'm finally getting back up to speed on this project. [...] so having at least half at home should help.
Don't worry Matt, this keeps the suspense.
We stay tuned and are looking forward to the next episode.
Jeff / 1984 F350 Crew Cab 4x4/5.8L w351 4V/ T18/ D50 4.10 front/ 8' bed.
Restored 2019-2022.
Nicknamed «Big Brother 1984», due to its soooo-looong shape & nod to George Orwell's 1984 famous novel.
Reply | Threaded
|

mat in tn
wow. almost a year since this project and still no progress. I guess it's good to be busy but I want to work on mine. I did do prep work though in the form of building a room to do body work and then got too busy to finish it. progress to come im sure.