New Memeber

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

New Memeber

Jagg82
Hello!! What a great site. I have decided to relive my youthful years and just bought a 85 Ford F-250 with the IH 6.9 diesel. I never had one before but did own a 83 Ford Bronco I just loved! The truck is a manual with T19 tranny and 4X4. It’s a good running truck just have questions and in process of learning all I can and planning on fixing up a bit. It was from down south so hardly any rust and great shape. Has 233,000 miles and the ATS turbo. I excite to see other members trucks and chat. Thank You
Lonni
85 Ford F-250 Turbo Diesel (6.9) 4X4 Manual
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: New Memeber

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Welcome!  Glad you joined.  

We have sorta twins - my Big Blue is an '85 F250 w/a 460 and it came w/a T-19.  But, there have been a few changes along the way.

So, if your truck is "from down south" that suggests you are "up north".  Where?  I ask because we have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and would love to add you if we had a city or zip.

Chat?  We LOVE to do that!  And help each other resolve problems.  So, again, welcome!  Hope you'll start a thread in the main section (where you'll get more followers than here) about your truck.  Or in Projects.  Your choice.  And, post pics.

Speaking of pics, posting them can be a pain, so see the info on that in Bullnose Forum/Forum FAQ's.  Also, there is info in there on creating a signature.  Those are helpful to us 'cause they tell us about your truck and let us answer your questions more accurately.

Last, don't miss that we are having a virtual truck show, and now that you've joined the forum you can enter the show.  Go to Truck Shows/2020 Truck Show in the menu to read about how to enter.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Jagg82
Hello Gary
      Yes, I’m up North... lol.  I live in Bloomington ILL. Zip is 61705
I tried adding my pic of truck from my phone but that didn’t seem to work. The cropping wasn’t cooperating so will do when I get back to my computer.  Really excited about this truck. It’s just too cool and the look on my kids face when they had to manually crank windows was priceless. It was as if they were in the caveman era.  Hahahaha 

Thank You

Lonni Garrison 

On Aug 13, 2020, at 7:40 AM, Gary Lewis [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Welcome!  Glad you joined.  

We have sorta twins - my Big Blue is an '85 F250 w/a 460 and it came w/a T-19.  But, there have been a few changes along the way.

So, if your truck is "from down south" that suggests you are "up north".  Where?  I ask because we have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and would love to add you if we had a city or zip.

Chat?  We LOVE to do that!  And help each other resolve problems.  So, again, welcome!  Hope you'll start a thread in the main section (where you'll get more followers than here) about your truck.  Or in Projects.  Your choice.  And, post pics.

Speaking of pics, posting them can be a pain, so see the info on that in Bullnose Forum/Forum FAQ's.  Also, there is info in there on creating a signature.  Those are helpful to us 'cause they tell us about your truck and let us answer your questions more accurately.

Last, don't miss that we are having a virtual truck show, and now that you've joined the forum you can enter the show.  Go to Truck Shows/2020 Truck Show in the menu to read about how to enter.

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker in front & 10.25 Spicer/Trutrac in back, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/New-Memeber-tp70478p70479.html
To unsubscribe from New Memeber, click here.
NAML
Lonni
Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Welcome, Lonni!
Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
Welcome!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

Jagg82
Thank you! 

On Thu, Aug 13, 2020 at 10:08 AM grumpin [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Welcome!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 Suburban LT K2500 454 4L80E
2000 Nissan Xterra XE 4WD 3.3 RE4R01A
Oregon

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/New-Memeber-tp70478p70486.html
NAML

--
Lonni Garrison
Lonni
Reply | Threaded
|

Jagg82
In reply to this post by 1986F150Six
Thank you! 

On Thu, Aug 13, 2020 at 9:23 AM 1986F150Six [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Welcome, Lonnie!
1986 F150 4.9L manual O.D. 3.08 Duraspark MSD ignition w/ no EGR

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/New-Memeber-tp70478p70484.html
NAML

--
Lonni Garrison
Lonni
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by Jagg82
Lonni - You are now on the map.

But, please do yourself a favor and log on and look at your posts on the forum.  You are responding via email, which puts a whole lot of junk in your thread.  Take a look at this post by clicking this link: http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/New-Memeber-tp70478p70509.html.

It is your thread, but I fear people will get tired of trying to sort through all of the junk to find your posts and you'll lose them.

Instead I suggest you click the link to log onto the forum on the website and reply there.  But, again that is your call.  However, I hope you won't respond via email like that on my threads.  

If you really must reply via email, on many email apps there are three dots down towards the bottom and if you click them that should show you the garbage and you can delete it.

Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Sac79
In reply to this post by Jagg82
Jagg82 wrote
It’s just too cool and the look on my kids face when they had to manually crank windows was priceless. It was as if they were in the caveman era.
 Welcome!
Rob

Eddy Myrtle '84 F150 300-6, Offenhauser C series intake, Edelbrock 1404(500cfm manual choke), EFI exhaust manifold, HEI dizzy, custom Painless harness, NP 435, NP 208, D44, 8.8"/3.08, 1.5" leveling coils, 265/75/16 tires.
Toyopet (Daily driver) '86 Toyota Pickup